Ratings for Dr. John H. Beckerman

Dr. Beckerman is the best!At first I wasn't sure I could take kids to see him because I was embarrassed that I couldn't stop laughing at him- he is so funny and makes me and the kids laugh. He is great with the kids and makes going to the doctor fun! this office and all other docs here are great too! love that they will see you that day if your child is sick. highly recommend this doctor and group!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

We love, love, LOVE Dr. Beckerman. Our daughter has gone to him since her birth, and our baby on the way will go to him as well. To give an example of him going above and beyond, our niece was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes at age 10. Dr. Beckerman visited her at Lutheran General, and spent an hour with her and her parents talking about her future and options. He was compassionate and intelligent and extremely supportive. One time when our daughter was in for shots, he went out and fed the geese with her because she didn't cry or anything, and it was his lunch break after her appointment. He does tend to do a little bit of baby talk with the parents, but if you can look past that he is a terrific doctor.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

If it wasn't for my insur. messing up we would still be going there I compare all doctors to this office and no one can compare they are great they knew us by 1st names I could call up and just have to say my kids names and they knew who I was :) they never looked at me like i was nuts when I asked 8737647 question nothing but helpful we are waiting to go back to them as soon as everything gets straightened out with tricare and when my daughter went to the hospital ( I choose to take her to Children's Hosp. of WI) they called me since they aren't affiliated just to see how she was doing and when we where in a hospital he was affiliated w/ himself or someone on his staff came everyday with the waiting time

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Beckerman for years. He has seen all 6 of my kids. You will not a meet a more personable, nicer doctor. He is FANTASTIC with the kids. Makes me and my kids laugh the whole time we are there. Don't be put off by his demeanor when he is not visiting specifically with you. I am sure he was just preoccupied. my family LOVES Dr. Beckerman

flag | Submitted September 16, 2009

I made Dr. Beckerman my PCP for my 5 year old son with a recco from my OBGYN. I have only been to the office once and had an emergency visit, so I didn't get to interact with Dr Beckerman. I saw a female doctor I wasn't overly excited about but she wasn't awful. I'm hoping more people will rate Dr Beckerman. The staff I talked to on the phone/in person were excellent. Only thing that could have been done better is since I was a new patient, it would have been nice for Dr Beckerman to come out and introduce himself. He came by the office window on at least two occations to check in with the staff so he had time. One of the ladies even said "This is Dr Beckerman" while he stood right there, but all he did is say "Hi" and went back to reading something. What would have really been nice is if he came out for just one minute to say hello to me formally and to my son, letting him know he was happy to meet him. I'll do a new review once we've had a chance to interact with him more.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2007

Dr. John H. Beckerman's Credentials

• Univ Of Chicago, Pritzker Sch Of Med, Chicago Il 60637 (Grad. 1986)

MSP/BC Med