Ratings for Dr. Steven D. Pedro

Dr. Pedro is one of the rudest most temperamental people I have ever dealt with. He is incredibly rude to me and his staff whenever I visit. However, I have seen many dermatologists in the area and no one gets results like Pedro. I would not go to any other dermatologist. Please be very kind to his staff, I'm sure they are under a lot of stress and they have nothing to do with the outrageous wait times.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I waited for over an hour and a half after my appointment time to see the doctor. I read other reviews while waiting on him and realized that for what I needed to be seen for, he would only spend 30 seconds with me. However when we asked the nurse how much longer it would be she said more than 30 minutes and was very hateful. I left without seeing the doctor and I will not be going back to see him ever. This is no way to run a business and no way to treat a paying client. Very disappointed and very upset with this experience.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Pedro truly is the best Texas has to offer! He works wonders in such short periods of time, it's amazing. I am usually extremely skeptical with finding the right doctors, but he seriously is the best at what he does on so many levels. His Sci med spa is also amazing. He knows what each individual patient needs and his personality is hilarious and is basically the cherry on top of the experience.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

He's the best. I know some are put off by his personality. It makes me laugh. He's so cute. But he's brusque, to the point, and very concise about his instructions. He knows what he is doing, and very strict about the patient understanding.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

If you want to go to a dermatologist to chat and be pampered like a prize poodle, then by all means go to one. If you want a dermatologist that is extremely intelligent and will provide the best solutions then go to Pedro. Yes, the waiting times are horrible. Those of us who "know" will put up with it because there is no one better.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

flag | Submitted May 11, 2012

There was a really nice employee, but she's gone. he's treatment has helped my skin a lot.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

After waiting an hour to be seen, an arrogant man comes in the office, talks to me as if I was a child, and greatly insults me. Yes, it is a dermatolgists job to critique your skin, but not speak to you in a demeaning manner with absolutely NO personal reguard to your feelings. Honestly,I was baffled that he even still has an office. You must have very thick skin if you choose to go to this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2012

I set up an appointment for a simple procedure (Chalazion Lancing). The procedure involves simply numbing the eyelid, flipping it inside out, cut, drain, and apply pressure. I arrived at my appointment and waited over 45 minutes in the office. Then I was moved to the room and waited another 35min. When Dr. Pedro entered he looked at my chart, said absolutely nothing to me except lay back on the table. He then gave me a shot of lidocaine and proceeded to cut into my eye without checking to see if it was numb...it wasn't! After I jerked and grunted he added more lidocaine. He also cut the outside of my eyelid which was not what I asked for. Afterward they sent me out with a wet paper towel on my bleeding eye. I was made to wait in the hall for another 30min while they waited for him to add my bill. After I paid what they told me was the full amount I was sent home... Today I received another bill for 35.00 to cover the biopsy I never asked for. If I had known I wouldn't have agreed. :/

flag | Submitted February 24, 2012

One and half hours after my appointment, I asked how much longer it would be. I was told they did not know. I voiced my concern over not being taken at my appointment time and was moved from the waiting area to a examination room. There I waited another hour and ten minutes. My examination took 15 minutes. I will NEVER go back.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

Dr. Steven D. Pedro's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1970)