Ratings for Dr. J. Bob Blacklock

Hippocratic Oath: "I will apply dietetic measures for the benefit of the sick according to my ability and judgment; I will keep them from harm and injustice." The injustice? As soon as it was determined by your office that my insurance was "Out-Of-Network", I was refused to be seen, PERIOD! And you came so Highly Recommended by a former patient, that I had renewed hope that I would be able to regain the feeling in my leg. It is ALL about the money! "I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, ALL measures which are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism." "I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, BUT a sick human being, whose illness may affect the Person's Family and Economic Stability. My Responsibility includes these related problems, IF I am to care for the sick." So glad your Medical Practice HONORS this OATH!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Bob did my L5/S1 diskectomy in 2004. After reading the MRI films he spent quite a bit of time with me on the phone discussing the findings. He's definitely not surgery-happy, he told me that my type of disk complaint often resolves in time so I could always wait and endure the pain (I chose the surgery). His office manager is very helpful and promptly provided school/work excuses on request. Bob is not one to blow smoke, in my experience he tells it like it is. The only criticism that comes to mind is that he didn't give me any guidance on what I could do post-surgery to maximize the benefits (e.g. physical therapy).

flag | Submitted August 28, 2007

Dr. J. Bob Blacklock's Credentials

• University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)