Ratings for Dr. Joel Yelland

Misdiagnosed my mother with cancer by just looking at her; found out what it actually was but explained it to my mom with big medical terms to my 80+ mother who had no idea what was going on

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

Dr. Yelland has not been understanding at all of the concerns I have brought forward. Not has he followed through with any of things we discussed.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Dr. Yelland was my doctor for many years and he was excellent for my problems. He was knowledgeable and took time to ask me questions and gave me a chance to voice my concerns. I wish he was still in private practice.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2015

flag | Submitted August 31, 2012

Probably a knowledgeable dr., but he takes so little time and effort with his patients. I am told he looks after residents at several institutions. As far as I can see, he would rather have no family involvement in looking after residents that have medical issues because then he doesn't have to interact or be accountable to anyone. I waited 7 days for him to return a call on test results. He spoke to me on the phone for one minute, entertained no questions and told me to have a nice day, then hung up. I will be moving my sister back to her previous family dr. Would never recommend this Dr. to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2009

I do not find Dr Yelland very helpful or find that he takes the time to connect or talk about concerns, says he is to busy?!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2008

Dr. Yelland has provided services for three generations of our family. He is an excellent, intelligent Dr. who is caring, considerate and interested in not only presenting medical condition by follow-up on ongoing care. He was always quick to refer to specialists when required. Since leaving private practice our family greatly misses him and the high quality of care provided to us. Over the 25 years my family and I have been patients it was our experience that prescriptions were not given unless absolutely necessary. Progress is about making access to medical information available to other Drs. I am sure it took time for all Drs. to change their way of doing their patient notes by learning new computer programs. Progress takes time. Dr. Yelland is a great loss to many patients since leaving private practice.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2008

No way will I ever go back to see this man. His laptop gets more attention than I do. He is likely very smart, I'll give him that but I could sit there writing perscriptions all day too. Sometimes he is very timid sounding, like he forgets you are in the room. Is very forgetful and absentminded,

flag | Submitted June 25, 2007

I went to this Dr as a young woman for a blood pressure check. He asked me to take my shirt off to take it. I was shocked. I never went back. A friend of mine also went to him for abdominal pain and after doing an exam on her, he told her she had a cancerous tumor. Turned out she was constipated. Not very clever at all.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2007

While having my physical, he answered his cell phone...I could hear it was his son calling wanting the car keys. Not impressed. He loves to give out prescriptions even before asking what is wrong. Last visit, there were 3 of us booked to see him at the same time and he was 45 minutes late and was actually with me a whole 5 minutes.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2007