Ratings for Dr. Rory Gatenby

Legend in his own mind. Not knowledgeable, does not listen to patients. AVOID!!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Great surgery, never felt the needle Thank you so much highly recommend this Dr.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

I have asked for the two ratings that were under Achilles foot clinic to be moved here Can you please do that Thank

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

Front staff were friendly and organized. Doctor was generally unprofessional, dismissive of my concerns, and acted inpatient when I asked questions surrounding a major procedure he was suggesting. When asking questions regarding something as permanent as removing 1/3 of my toenail, he seemed to get fed up with my slight apprehension and suggested I go get a second opinion if I didn't trust his 28 years experience. Yikes. Won't be coming back here that's for sure.

Submitted August 26, 2016

Dr. Gatenby is excellent! However, making an appointment whether by email or phone is challenging as some staff do not have a professional attitude.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

I visited Dr. Gatenby for a troubling Plantar's Wart. He was outstanding. Super knowledgeable, personable - and effective! I really wish I would have visited him sooner.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

I have worked for Dr Gatenby for several years. He is an amazing Dr and a great boss. I was disappointed to see the previous comment on this page. The only time a nail is cut straight across is when the nail is a normal nail, at times it is cut down the side to relieve pressure in combination with soaking the toe in Epsom salts which usually helps the relieve the pain involved . Sometimes it will still require surgery if it continues to be bothersome. I know Dr Gatenby would like to see you again if your still having troubles moving forward.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I went to Dr. Gatenby because I had bruised toenails from my ski boots. During that visit, he trimmed the nail on one of my big toes extremely short and cut down at a severe angle at the edges, instead of straight across. Now I'm dealing with an ingrown toenail as a result! So he made the problem worse! Not happy.

Submitted January 13, 2016

I saw Dr Gatenby for my painful heels. I had seen two other people with no help. He diagnosed the heel spurs and made excellent inserts for my shoes. I am now pain free and I can walk again. Thank you Dr Gatenby!!!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

Incredible Doctor who really knows what he's talking about. He's helped me overcome chronic foot pain, Achilles pain, and shin pain. Has a huge heart with an admirable desire to help others to recover from injury, rebuild strength, and prevent pain and future injury. I recommend anyone in the Calgary area visit Dr. Gatenby, as he builds a relationship with his patients, is kind to all, and makes you feel like he doesn't have anything else on his mind but your health.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015