Ratings for Dr. Rory Gatenby

Dr. Gatenby is excellent! However, making an appointment whether by email or phone is challenging as some staff do not have a professional attitude.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

I visited Dr. Gatenby for a troubling Plantar's Wart. He was outstanding. Super knowledgeable, personable - and effective! I really wish I would have visited him sooner.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2016

I have worked for Dr Gatenby for several years. He is an amazing Dr and a great boss. I was disappointed to see the previous comment on this page. The only time a nail is cut straight across is when the nail is a normal nail, at times it is cut down the side to relieve pressure in combination with soaking the toe in Epsom salts which usually helps the relieve the pain involved . Sometimes it will still require surgery if it continues to be bothersome. I know Dr Gatenby would like to see you again if your still having troubles moving forward.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I went to Dr. Gatenby because I had bruised toenails from my ski boots. During that visit, he trimmed the nail on one of my big toes extremely short and cut down at a severe angle at the edges, instead of straight across. Now I'm dealing with an ingrown toenail as a result! So he made the problem worse! Not happy.

Submitted January 13, 2016

I saw Dr Gatenby for my painful heels. I had seen two other people with no help. He diagnosed the heel spurs and made excellent inserts for my shoes. I am now pain free and I can walk again. Thank you Dr Gatenby!!!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

Incredible Doctor who really knows what he's talking about. He's helped me overcome chronic foot pain, Achilles pain, and shin pain. Has a huge heart with an admirable desire to help others to recover from injury, rebuild strength, and prevent pain and future injury. I recommend anyone in the Calgary area visit Dr. Gatenby, as he builds a relationship with his patients, is kind to all, and makes you feel like he doesn't have anything else on his mind but your health.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

I am a diabetic type one I have seen this Dr for many years He has helped me a lot in lots of ways Dr Gatenby is knowledgeable About how diabetes hurts my feet I have seen him for years and I really believe I have kept My feet because of his excellent care He is really nice too I recommend him with everything

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Really good doctor, have been going to other doctors regarding my toenail problems and they where never fixed, two visits to Dr Rory and i am all better, also i am very scared of needles and he was very reassuring when i was getting the toe nail removed, distracted me and made me feel comfortable, would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Dr Gatenby is very experienced and knows his stuff, but he runs the office too much like a business. i have had appointments with him when he literally spent one minute on me. He has lost his love of the job. It's just a way of making money now.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I have been seeing podiatrists for over 35 years, Rory is one of the best out there. He is professional, very good at what he does and his office is extremely efficient. I drive 1.5 hours one way just to see him and its worth it every time.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015