Ratings for Dr. Douglas R King

Dr. Douglas King is a wonderful doctor. He removed my breast tumor in February. However, their billing department is HORRIBLE! They required me to pay for my surgery up-front. I paid $3,300. They told me that after all the claims have be processed through my insurance company and I'm owed a refund, they will reimburse me quickly. That hasn't been the case. They owe me a refund of almost $1,200! In fact they are billing me for money I have already paid! Their excuses has ranged from "We haven't received the statement for your insurance company" to "Your insurance company issued the statement under the wrong address". It has gotten to the point that I have drafted letters to the Insurance commissioner and KOMO-4 get Jesse. I would STRONGLY recommend looking for a surgical center that doesn't require you to pay up front!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

from the time i arrived till i left everything was perfect. the nurses were very helpful and caring. dr. king was very good at letting me know what was going to happen. the surgery went perfect. very easy recovery. dr king called to check on me after. his nurse also called. i could not be happier with the whole process.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2013

As a nurse, I have made many late night calls to Dr King for urgent inpatient issues only to be dismissed. 4 out the last 5 interactions (or lack of interventions) have lead to poor patient outcomes and even worse. When in doubt he doesn't ask for help or allow a second opinion. Signed a Nurse in the know.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2011

Dr. King saved my life years ago.He had been there for me several times since. I would'nt hesatate a moment to send my loved ones to him. He knows his stuff, and is very compasionate.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

Dr. King is a surgeon which means he doesn't diagnose anyone. I have personally met him and I have had 7 past surgeries. Dr. King is nice, very personable and does care about his patients. Please don't base your decision on whether to go to Dr. King on the 2 negative ratings. Meet him and then make a decision. He is not my surgeon, he is my sister's surgeon and I care deeply about my sister. If I had any doubt at all in regards to Dr. King, then I would not let him operate on my sister. I trust and respect Dr. King and have full confidence in his ability as a surgeon.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2010

I also was misdiagnosed by Dr. King. He said that what was later found to be a cyst was an inverted pectoral muscle.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2007

Dr. king misdiagnosed our 6 year old son then performed surgery and removed his appendix, only to tell us his appendix was totally normal. He never said he was even sorry, he just told us good luck and said maybe some one else can figure out what was wrong with our son.Finally a REAL doctor looked at our son asked why there was never any imaging done and ordered a Xray with in 30 minutes of seeing our son he had figured out he had pnemonia in his lower right lung,now trying to fight pnemonia he was recovering from surgery. Then to top it all off his office staff called and harassed my wife saying that if thet did not recieve there copayment by the end of the month they would send us to collections.This doctor and his staff seem to lack a moral compass and do not care about the health of there patients only the financial gain it offers them.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2007

Dr. Douglas R King's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Puyallup, WA