Ratings for Dr. Ron V. Taravella

Been going 5 years. I go in for reg appointment and get accused of doctor shopping. He verified with LA State Police that I was NOT but refused to diagnose me, offer treatment, or give me my records, or explain any of the meds I had taken in the past. This guy is a pill pusher and could care less about the patients.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015

Had a very poor experience with this man, who had poor social skills/unprofessional demeanor to be treating patients. Strongly recommend you look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

The doctor is never and I mean ever available. His schedule is from 10-2 Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday. I have been trying for over 2 months to get him to send my medical information to my insurance company. Because he will not do my insurance has refused to pay for any further doctors visits or medications. I have called over 20 times and even paid a 27$ fee so he would send the information and he still will not do. Do not use this horrible person. He is the worst experience I have had with the medical field

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

Dr. Taravella works on a cash basis, he does not accept any insurance or such. I don't know how much the first visit is, but follow-ups are $70. He has been my doctor for around thirteen years and has done great things for me and has kept me on the right mix of medications to keep me well. He has always had my best interest at heart and though he may ask the same questions, he also asks if there are any other things I would like to discuss. He has seen me when I was very ill and got me past that. I still see him every two months due to medications, but will continue to see him until he retires. This man is not just a doctor, he is a true physician in every sense of the word. He does not always do things I like, but they have always been for what is in my best interest. The only con is that he does not accept insurance, sure I could go lose where to someone that does, but I would never receive the quality of care I get.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

expert psychopharmacologist who solved my problem within a few visits one negative is that he will not write oxycontin

flag | Submitted February 6, 2010

Dr Of Malfeasance Taravella treated my wife for over 5 years and then suddenly without notice and for no reason withheld treatment someone should investigate him for fraud

flag | Submitted October 6, 2008

This doctor devotes very little time to his patients (5-10 min) and bills the insurance for 30 min. He goes mechanically through the same list of questions every time, you give the same answers every time and that's about it. He shows no interest whatsoever in the patient. Waits at his office are 30-45 min even though he does not have many patients. Office staff is rude.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2008

Dr. Ron V. Taravella's Credentials

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1981)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Baton Rouge, LA