Ratings for Dr. Johanna Mugford

Always up to date on medical knowledge even though she has a heavy load of patients and their paperwork. Very concernef and empathetic so sometimes takes extra time and runs late.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

Made an appointment, called to confirm with reception and it was confirmed, when I arrived for my appointment, they had no record of it. Took time off work. They couldn't fit me in that day dur to their error.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2016

Excellent care. Wait time is never unreasonable. Follow through is good.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Dr. Mugford covers the basics. If serious issues arise, might be best seeing somebody else.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

Staff tends to cherry pick with patients. Another patient I know said staff complained they are underpaid and they ask questions I only feel comfortable discussing with a doctor. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to another patient. She is about as sweet as saccharine and the medicine she practices is just a bit as artificial.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Dr. Mugford is a great doctor. She spends a lot of time with every patient, listening to their concerns, and she's quick to refer you to specialists if need be. She's very caring and has a great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2014

She's a genuine person in her bedside manner and she likes to chat.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

I agree with many of the parts about the office being busy and Johanna running behind, however I to forgive this because she has never rushed me during my time. Rather than get upset I call ahead and ask if she is behind and how long. This has always shortened my wait. I love her staff and really miss Ann since she retired. She delivered my daughter and my daughter (now a teen) loves her. What I really would like to point out is that most doctors now have nurses or clinics to give needles. My daughter is terrified of needles but will accept her fate of Johanna gives it, which she has never refused by daughter's request in over 15 years. If I moved I to would travel for her.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

Dr. Mugford is FANTASTIC. We have been with her for over 10 years. She is very knowledgeable and do not hesitate to make a referral to specialists if she feels that it is necessary. She is so patient and never rushes us. She is very busy and sometimes is a little bit behind (however we know that she is behind because she is doing a great job with other patients and once it is our turn to be called she will do the same to us). It is always worth waiting to see her. She has amazing bedside manners. Her nurses are very good as well. The office staff are very busy and calling the office can be frustrating; however, they have always been polite with us. She is an amazing doctor! We have moved to a different city but we still travel for almost 1 hour to see her because We feel that it will be very hard to find a doctor that is as good as doctor Mugford! We love her!!

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

Dr. Mugford is a warm doctor with an excellent bedside manner. Unfortunately, there are some particular areas of concern. For example, on two occasions, she and the office staff were unable to locate my file. At my two last physicals, Dr. Mugford promised to refer me to a specialist for extreme back pain and never followed through. When I phoned the receptionists to enquire, they were rude and said they would give her the message. They never do! On another occasion I asked to have an appointment to follow-up about my back and I was told "There are no appointments for several weeks" and then hung up on. I feel very disappointed in this office and would highly recommend you go elsewhere!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013