Ratings for Dr. Michael F. Durante

Dr durante is not patient and seems to have mood swings. One day he is fine the next horrible.I fired him!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

Dr. Durante is excellent. Takes time to meet and talk. Some times he is late with appointments because he truley will take the time needed with each patient... so keep this in mind. I do not mind waiting a little bit when this is the reason. Has always fit me in when I needed to see him (i.e. sudden illness). Very caring and trusting. He is an excellent physician. I have been a patient for 10 years.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

Dr. Durante is an excellent diagnostician. There is room for improvement with regard to his returning phone calls - it's been on ongoing problem for the many years I've been going to him

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

Dr. Durante is the best doctor I have ever had. Besides being very nice, he is extremely knowledgeable, caring and takes the time to explain your ailment in a manner that you will understand and will answer any questions that you may have. He has offices in both Nutley and Millburn with fantastic hours. His staff is friendly and the waiting room time is usually about 20 minutes.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

The staff double bills. They bill, you pay. 40 days later, they bill again, for same date. Keep a record of all payments. I do not believe that they are trying to cheat, just sloppy book keeping !!One staffer is especially annoying! Dr D. has been excellent to & with me. You feel comfortable with him and you are relaxed in asking him questions, which my experience has always been informative, and when ill, he has made me well pretty darn fast. His fees are conservative.He is a very good doctor and also very likable.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2008

My mother's blood work came back that she was annemic Dr said give iron with out getting a test done Turned out my mother had colon cancer and if I did not switch her Dr she would have died in 3 months. this was three years ago and thanks to Dr SHIVA she is still alive. Dr never returned calls to me, and after he was told that my mother had colon cancer he still never called. He is a dangerous Dr and his own mother shpuld not even go to him.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2008

Very good at taking the time to explain problems, medications etc. Really BAD at returning phone calls to patients and pharmacies. Practically impossible to get him on the phone and test results are not reported in detail. Telling you that your tests are "OK" isn't good enough. Usually very little wait time but has had scheduling problems lately.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2008

I have gone to this Dr. for many years. He has offices in Millburn and Nutley. They Nutley office has better hours, and more equipment. Dr Durante is very good about explaining the background of sicknesses. Also, he ALWAYS explains the prescription to you, and how you should take it. Why is this important? Because, sometime pharmacists make mistakes, and if the directions you receive from your pharmacist are different than what the dr. said - then you know something is wrong, and you should question your pharmacist. The phone answering system for this Dr. is not great. The staff do not always answer, and rarely call back if you leave a message. If you can get an appt. then I'm sure you will like the dr.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2007

Dr. Michael F. Durante's Credentials

• Albany Med Coll, Albany Ny 12208 (Grad. 1984)