Ratings for Dr. Miriam Soriano

Dr. Soriano is a wonderful and knowledgeable doctor who takes the time needed for through exams and preventative measures for a healthy pregnancy. The staff is very professional, courteous and personable. I highly recommend Dr. Soriano and her staff.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015

My husband and I were not impressed from the moment we entered the door. The waiting room was freezing, damp, and smelled like urine. Clearly one view on religion, as specific religious decorations dominated the waiting and office rooms. The furniture was old and stained, I did not want to site down out of fear one of the stains may be the source of the urine smell. Majority of staff is family, odd. MD was knowledgeable, but judgmental of spiritual and economical orientation. She was not supportive of our birth plan as it involved spending money that she apparently did not feel was appropriate. When religion was brought up she clearly did not approve that my husband and I did not participate in organized religious services. The MD's son, who is the medical assistant; his girlfriend, who is the front office worker was flustered and unprofessional. We did not schedule our follow-up at the time of exit because she was ill prepared and we were in a hurry. We stated we would call to follow up. When I called to schedule f/u, with a two week notice, the girlfriend answered and was flustered again, put me on hold, came back and stated, "You were suppose to have called right after your last appointment, we assumed you did not want to be seen here, so the doctor thinks its best if we don't provide your prenatal care." We never were told that we would be dropped as clients if they did not receive a phone us immediately following our departure. Lack of communication, assumptions, and discrimination was our experience with Dr. Miriam Soriano's office. I am very grateful that we have the opportunity to bring out baby into this world with a true healthcare professional who is supportive and does not judge us. Over all, not impressed and would not recommend supporting this office. As a healthcare professional myself, I understand the importance of professionalism, cleanliness, communication, and supporting one's patient regardless of race, religion, orientation, or socioeconomic status.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

IT WAS THE BEST EXPERIENCE I HAD AT THE DOCTORS OFFICE.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Dr. Soriano is a very caring and compassionate doctor. She looks in your eyes and really listens to you. She immediatly takes action on every problem you tell her about. She is often not on time because she will spend as much time with you as you need until all of your questions are answered and the problem is either resolved or she will do research and get back to you asap. The staff has had a bit of a high turnover rate over the years and the current desk staff is not as helpful as I expected. It is sometimes difficult to get the answer you need as soon as possible if you have to go through the staff to get the answer from the doctor. The atmosphere of the clinic is very relaxing and pleasent.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2007

Dr. Miriam Soriano's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Amerigroup