Ratings for Dr. Philip J. Bresnahan

My child was born with metatarsis abductus and a pinkie toe that was crossed over another toe. Most doctors were telling us that our daughter needed surgery. We went to Dr. Bresnahan to get his opinion. We were told that it was too late to use his typical treatment (casting) for metatarsis abductus, but he was willing to try using splits (then shoe inserts). He even helped us track them down. He also taught us how to tape our child's toes to fix the crossing. To our surprise, our child's toes were completely corrected in several weeks, the metatarsis abductus was greatly improved. When we took our child to the GP for an annual check-up, he was speechless. He kept looking from his chart to our child's feet, trying to figure out if his previous noted were wrong or if we had somehow managed to fix the issues. He could not believe the improvement.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2014

I have seen Dr Breshnehan on various occasions over two years for heel and toe pain. Just light everyone else, first thing I needed was $400 orthoedics. I've purchased some years ago and they are sitting in a drawer in my house never seeing the time of day. I hate when I go to a doctor's office and I feel like I walked into an informercial. Selling medoicre prodcust at incredible mark-ups. At this point it is months later and I am not seeing any relief of the pain but he keeps telling me to come back for another shot. I am concerned that the shots just mask the pain and nothing recuperative is taking place. I went to the web looking for more answers on my own and tripped on this website. Was shocked to see so many others with same issues. Time for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

I went to see Dr Breshnehan almost two years ago. I had just developed heel pain. He told me I needed orthotics or surgery for over pronation. I went back after using the 400.00 orthodics and he did nothing but tell me to keep wearing them. I did and it still hurt. Finally after a year and a half I went to another doctor who took xrays, diagnoses now chronic plantar fasciitis (due to negligence) and has had me in PT for the last 6 months. Very angry that this could have been healed w proper care. My story matches everyone else's here!!!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

If you have a foot problem and like a doctor to be reactive instead of proactive, this will be the guy for you. Went in to his office with heel pain. He did not look at my shoes, inserts or have me stand up. He missed diagnosed my feet. He just wanted to make sure to charge me for his inserts and come back for shots. He did not talk about stretching, hot/cold packs, massage. Learned more on the internet and at a good shoe store. And there was no sink in the office and carpeting. Did not see anyone clean hands and couldnt help but wonder when the carpet was cleaned last.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

If you are an adult do not have Dr. Bresnahan talk you into subtalar arthroereisis. I have had nothing but problems since my foot surgery a year ago. After going to 3 months of Physical therapy, trying a second dr. who made new orthotics, and in constant pain I decided to see a specialist at Penn. I now have to have the proceedure reversed. He informed me this has only been proven to be helpful in young children when their bones are still forming. Do yourself a favor and research first.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

Dr. Philip J. Bresnahan's Credentials

• Pennsylvania College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1985)