Ratings for Dr. James B. McCabe

I called this afternoon to see if I can book an appointment to get a professional opinion about my 5 year old son. The receptionist rudely advised me it was not her fault "I" decided to call the day before he was taking 5 weeks off and could not help me. I said that I am in need of his file so I can provide another medical professional with his information, and again, I was disregarded as a person and felt like she had better things to do than to help me. This office is very unfriendly and I would rather travel to Calgary to see someone with more professionalism and more child friendly. I will be requesting my files be moved. Disgusted.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Love him he has been such an amazing help with my daughter

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

I was referred to Dr. McCabe for my severe stabismus that I have been told for years nothing could be done about. He was so kind and helpful. He put me at complete ease and even complimented me on my eyes, asking me to shake my mom's hand for doing such a great job on them lol. During my follow up after my surgery, when he asked if there were any questions, my only one was if I could give him a hug. His staff are amazing! When an elderly man fell in their waiting room, his staff were quick to help him up and stay with him until he felt stable enough to carry on. They reacted so fast to this man, that I didn't even have time to jump up and help him. Dr. McCabe and his staff are hands down the most compassionate and professional people. My only complaint is that I was told my surgery was being rescheduled, until the day before the original date I missed a call about my arrival time at the hospital the next morning. It was too late to call them back, so I called the hospital in the morning and discovered that my surgery was in fact still scheduled. But that complaint quickly changed to praise when Dr. McCabe explained that he changed his mind about rescheduling it because of how much my self esteem and confidence had been effected by my strabismus, so he decided not to wait. Originally he wanted me to get new glasses before proceeding, which I was unable to do, hence the rescheduling.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Dr. McCabe was my eye doc in Edmonton for about 5 years. Was so sorry that he moved. Very skilled practitioner with great people skills. Efficient without loss of personal connection. Lucky Lethbridge.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2015

Love Dr McCabe. Very knowledgable man who knows what he's doing.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Seen Dr.McCabe for an eye condition I have... was in the er the previous night, and he was able to see me the next day (at the Er's Dr's request)... besides having to wait 45 min past our initial appointment time, Dr. McCabe was very helpful and kind, and seems to have a great knowledge base; very personable man. I would recommend this Dr. :)

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Just met Dr. McCabe today, what a great visit! I really liked his professionalism but also his warmth and his attention to the details that I needed to know about.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Two cataract operations have been very successful so far. Long waiting times because of huge demand.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

Pleased to be seeing him since his relocation to Lethbridge. Very thorough & professional. Quite personable. Certainly a welcome new professional to Southern Alberta.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014

Dr. McCabe is one the best in quality and in care.He came to the aid of my daughter at 2 in the morning once he read her chart and the severity of my daughters condition.He even brought his own eye tools that the ER did not have.So thankfull that we have a true professional treating our daughter.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014