Ratings for Dr. Javier Zelaya

after scheduling an appoinment online, I was pleasantly surprised with the the care I recieved, My regular derm was out of town and my acne was out of control. Years of acne and visits to many other dematologists, I am finally very happy with my care. Doc is exceptional, and I recommend him to all

flag | Submitted November 17, 2012

this dermatologist has great bedside manners is very knowledgeable, does not try to sell you on something you do not need , staff is very professional, This skin doctor is someone I would recommend to all my friends.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2011

I went to Dr. Z around 5 years ago and thought he did a good job, I came back in Nov. 2010 for acne and there was a big difference. He is way too busy and the appointment felt rushed. Worst than anything, I waited little over an hour, was called in THEN waited some more outside the room on a bench and then again inside the room total wait time 2 hours... and I am not exagerating! That is completely unnaceptable to me. I agree with other review it seems that is he driven by certain drugs and/or companies which I'm sure he makes a cut from. It didn't feel like he was helping, more like "selling" me a product. My acne has not gotten better 3 months later. I would not recommend.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2011

I have gone through so many acne drugs that he has prescribed I could open a store. None worked. I have seen this doctor many times, and the one time I needed a refill the staff refused to refill it saying I have to come in to see the PC. So the bottom line is this Doctor is very much in it for the money.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

He is a really great doctor, i had really bad acne scars on my back and h helped me clear them up, I havn't had any acne problems since. He also reminds me of Bob the Builder.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2009

Dr. Zelaya does not listen to his patients! He had perscribed me two differnt antibiotics for my skin. One of them made me vomit after everytime I took it. I told the doctor this, he said, I was making it up and it is impossible. The other medication I had a rash and also my period was late and it is never late. He also, told me this could not be the medication. My skin became worse and I had acne on my cheeks, when I never had acne there. All I had was small pimples on my forehead when I first visited him. He over perscibed probably because he is paid off by sales reps. I went to Dr. Marc Avram and he perscibed Duac a topical medication and my acne cleared up right away. I have not had a problem since... Do not go to Dr. Zelaya he presribes unessary medication.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2008

Unfriendly receptionist, the doctor is in rush, he doesn't really spend much time with the patient, without any lab tests, based on the naked eye he subscribe medicines, which have warnings: make sure you have certain tests performed before subscribing. A bad experience.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2008

I was treated for laserhair removal and was badly burned . I now have scars and my face is disfigured. I found out Doloris is non-licensed medical assistant and should not be allowed to perform any procedures. The doctor was not even present in the office. I am in the process of hiring a lawyer. I should have been suspicious of the low cost service. I should have listened to my gut feeling telling me this is too cheap to be true.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2008

Dr. Zelaya has been my doctor for close to eight years. He is a great Dermatologist and a credit to his field. He and his staff are also very courteous and friendly. I strongly recommend him to anyone seeking a Dermotologist.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2008

The man is A GEM and his staff (esp Deloris) is wonderful! Not only did they diagnose and excise my mothers skin cancer in a most efficient way. they also treated me with the utmost care and respect wheneve I went there for other issues. He is a super nice guy as well!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2007

Dr. Javier Zelaya's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1989)

Healthnet