Ratings for Dr. Matthew B. Schwarz

Dr Schwarz was my Dr for years as a result of a brain tumor in my Sphenoid sinuses followed by two surgeries and radiation. I spent years in misery with numerous sinus infections each year. Finally, I went to a different Dr and problem immediately fixed. Entire sinus area was black from radiation. Now, Dr cleans sinuses once year w/no infections. Dr. Swartz either doesn't have the knowledge or the equipment, to handle someone who has a brain tumor in sinus.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Dr. Schwarz is fantastic. His bedside manner is nice, he explains things well, and is a terrific surgeon (I have my seventh surgery for an idiopathic recurring growth with him tomorrow). Yes, I have had to wait way too long to see him. He gets behind because he takes extra time with patients when needed. He is all business in the office but is a very nice man.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2016

Spoke with desk about if they were in my networkthey said yes. I had to have surgery they were not in my network and sent labs to opposibg hospital not in my network. Basically LIED. Also his stitching needs work. I have rolled flesh at incision down neck and behind ear.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016

Probably Dr. Schwarz is a competent doctor but I am writing this review because of his OUTRAGEOUS fees. My daughter saw him for no more than 15 minutes. He looked up her nose to see if she had a deviated septum. She didn't; he prescribed nasal spray. We paid $219 for the 15 minute visit then received a bill for an additional $503 for "surgery" (supposedly looking up her nose is surgery.) So basically Dr. Schwarz is charging $2888 per hour for office visits. Must have a nice boat. When I complained to the billing office the woman was condescending and said "That's what insurance allows." Too bad my insurance won't pay it. No way would I ever recommend him to anyone. Dr. Nichols in Twin Falls is just as competent and charges reasonable fees.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

Dr. Schwarz is a good surgeon knows his stuff. He diagnosed my issue and was in charge of the next steps. His staff followed up on all issues. If you have a serious ENT issue, he is your guy.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

There is definitely a long wait time at the clinic so be prepared to spend an hour after your appt time. Dr. Schwarz is extremely knowledgeable in his profession, has a great bed-side manner and is an amazing surgeon. We would recommend him to anyone. The followup by his staff after the surgery has been quite lackluster and full of errors. I would recommend if you see anyone at Southwest Idaho ENT that you just make sure to followup on your own to borderline pestering so that you can be sure that they stay on top of their game. While the staff is a bit spacey, they are very friendly.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

VERY good doctor. Saved my life after a post-surgical hemorrhage. Knows his stuff and explains everything, kinda nerdy, but excellent doctor

flag | Submitted March 24, 2010

I had a good experience with Dr. Swarz as my surgeon for extensive complicated sinus surgery. I had very little pain after surgery and improved function of sinuses. My experience was that he was polite, pleasant, and willing to answer my many questions. I liked that he washed his hands between patients to keep down spreading infections. I didn't like the overcrowded waiting room or having to wait a long time. However, the care I recieved outweighed the long waits. I would return to him in the future if I have the need.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2009

Very arrogant,could care less to see me. I felt like he was definitely impressed by himself and oblivious to anyone elses existence.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I had to have thyroid surgery a few years ago and Dr. Schwarz was recommended by my internist. The office practice is busy but I never had to wait too long beyond my appointment time. More importantly, my surgery went well with no nerve damage or loss or damage to my vocal cords (thyroid surgery is pretty delicate). An RN I met through a support group had successful surgery with him a week after I did and she picked him after talking to colleagues. Recommended.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Matthew B. Schwarz's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)