Ratings for Dr. Maurice L. Dicterow

Dicterow is unprofessional and doesn't listen. Avoid!!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2017

He is rude and has horrible bedside manner. He is arrogant and withholds information from patients.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Been a patient now for 16 years and have always been treated competently. I could go to my union's clinic and have no copay but I prefer Dr Dicterow, he listens to you. It's a small two person office but at least you'll be treated like a human being. I have recommended him to family and friends as well and they always appreciate the referral.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2013

Unfortunately I did not read these reviews before I used Maurice. I went there for an ear infection last week. The office and equipment is outdated. The receptionist was nice but overloaded with responsibilities. There was another patients blood left in my examination room (gross). They wanted a urine sample and there was other patients urine left in the transfer cabinet in the bathroom (gross). He then perscribed an antibiotic the 1st week, which didnt work. He then prescribed another antibiotic the 2nd week, unfortunately he couldnt read his writing from the 1st week and it ended up being the same as the 1st week prescription. I called their office and they blamed the pharmacy first until I called the pharmacy and they told me Maurice screwed up. He then prescribed another antibiotic to fix the problem. They want me to pay for their screwup too. By the way, I still have an ear infection. Hope you noticed I didnt use the Dr. title. Maurice is nice guy though.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

this doctor is a caring and very interesting person. he comes from a long line of famous musicians and he goes about his treatment of you with a ZEN that is rare and should be appreciated, for very few if any doctors have such a gift.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

I was switched to this doctor when my employer changed to a different insurance company. I've had 6 or more appointments in the year, and EVERY single time, I am mixed up with another patient who has the same name as I do. Despite explaining this to the doctor (at least the lady at the front desk remembers...) on every single visit, he still will mix up my file. The doctor has never once been on time (I usually wait 30-45 minutes for my scheduled appointment) only to receive an exam that is less than 5 minutes. He always seems impatient, and dodges any questions I have about my condition, and never once has made me feel that he takes me seriously or listens.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2010

He is an amazing doctor with an amazing personality. His nurse is amazingly friendly as well. I didn't have to wait long, which was a definite plus.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2009

I didn't like it from the moment I walked in. It was an hour and 15 minutes before I saw him, he didn't have any gown for me to put on when he asked me to remove my shirt, and I just hated it overall. I'm easy to please, but I am NEVER going back there again.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

What a great Doctor!! I'm so happy I was reffered to him!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2008

I went to this doctor for a blood test because I couldn't walk very far without gasping for air & was dizzy. Felt awful while there and when called to come from the lobby down the hall to the exam room, I became dizzier, no one assisted. Doctor took a blood sample, but I NEVER heard about the results being bad. As it turns out, a couple years later, after several illnesses, it was discovered that I was seriously and severely anemic, immune system couldn't fight off anything due to lack of iron and oxygen rich blood. The anemia was discovered before a vital surgery was about to be performed which then was cancelled & had to wait for my blood to get stronger. It took a year of iron shots & they stopped my periods to finally get strong enough to have a cervical fusion a car accident had caused a vertabra to push into my spinal chord, making my arms & hands useless & was in severe pain all the time. THIS LACK OF CARE HURT ME FOR YEARS TO COME...INSIST ON A COPY OF YOUR LAB RESULTS . . .

flag | Submitted August 26, 2007

Dr. Maurice L. Dicterow's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)