Ratings for Dr. Joel H. Fuhrman

I saw Dr. Fuhram and found him to be true to his word of giving me the right direction to lose weight. He was thoughtful and listened. I never found him to be rude as others say. I think that they did not want to hear the truth. He is the first Dr. that told me what I thought I should weigh also. Most go doctors go off BMI. I am very small boned, but very tall. BMI calculation does not work. He tells you straight what you need to do. I have followed up with him and used his dietitians. I have moved across country but use his website for guidance. His advice is logical - follow it.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2016

He wrote a book about water fasting... I tried it for 3 weeks. About the worst thing I could have done it took me months to recover. He claims to know all this stuff about nutrition, just terrible advice. Even his nutritarian approach, while it does have good points (fruits and vegetables I can't argue with that) it's also misguided too. This guy is purely out to make cash. Juice fasting is awesome though (and not his idea at all) but all of his advice just is off the mark.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

Never got to this dr cause when I called to inquire about making appt. was told he does not take any insurance and his first visit will cost &580. Disgraceful. Obviously he only feels wealthy people are the only ones worth helping.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr. Fuhrman helped me when no other doctor could. He was able to get me off all my medications and my blood tests are perfect! I feel great for the first time in many years. I couldn't be happier. I wish all doctors were like Dr. Fuhrman.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

Dr. Fuhrman is arrogant and rude. Instead of answering questions in a straightforward professional manner, he's sarcastic and "talks down." His answer to every health problem is: Eat more vegetables and less animal products. My grandmother could have told me that for free!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

He's rude and arrogant. I spent nearly $1000 in cash and was only told me to eat fruits and vegetables.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Saw this doctor when he practiced near Somerset. Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2008

He is one of very few doctors who makes the patient work for his good health and who gets results treating causes, not symptoms.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2007

Dr. Joel H. Fuhrman's Credentials

• Univ Of Pa Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19104 (Grad. 1988)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Flemington, NJ