Ratings for Dr. Daniel J. Cameron

Dr. Cameron is compassionate, brilliant and has a wonderful sense of humor. I truly believe he will be the one to save my life. His staff is kind, helpful and knowledgable. They have truly given me the gift of feeling safe and cared for.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr. Cameron really helped me a great deal. I feel some much better to when I first came into the office.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Daniel Cameron for over several years now. He has treated me for Lyme and is by far the best doctor for this that I have ever encountered. His treatment style and regime is very easy and simple as long as you follow the guidelines he gives you. I had to totally change my diet, start exercise more than I did before and make sure I was taking the medication prescribed by him on time. What some individuals do not understand that with any illness or sickness that you have you always I have to change you diet and workout habits. If the diet is not adjusted then your body works hard and longer to fight off what it needs to fight off. Dr. Daniel Cameron taught me just that. I had to cut down on my salt intake, no alcohol, stay away for butter foods and fried foods. Of course this was something hard to do and is currently hard to do but I had to do it if I wanted to get better and stay healthy and feel better. Once I started following these guidelines followed by taking my medications I felt a whole lot better. My symptoms of Lyme was everything you could think of. From the age of 14 when I was first diagnosed I went blind for a day, developed asthma, severe severe knee pains that was unbearable, tingling in my hands and feet, sweaty hands and feet, anxiety, migraines, back aches, stiff neck, fatigue to the point I could sleep 12 hours straight without waking up, blurry vision, night sweats etc. It was to the point I thought there was no return. But with the help of Dr. Cameron and following his regime and sticking to it even if it was difficult. I am currently 29 and I still have to follow that diet and exercise. If I at least cheat one day and drink sugary drinks, eat too much salty foods etc, I start feeling the effect of nausea and very fatigued. Dr. Cameron has told me numerous times that if I do not follow this I will relapse and I will to go back on antibiotics. During the time I was severely sick, I was on antibiotics for months then went on IV Rocephin for 6 months and 6 months over a a two year period. While on the IV everyday I started to feel better much better. The oral antibiotics did help kick things in gear and the IV finished off the process. However in between the age of 14-29 I did relapse and it was bad. I started to feel the same symptoms I has feeling again when I was first diagnosed but this time depression took over. During that time I was in college. I had to fly back to New York to see Dr. Cameron and ask him what to do. That was when he started me on Mephron with antiobiotics. That was an aggressive form because I had developed a co-infection and this was the only the that could help me out at this point. He did do blood tests again for make sure this was it and it came back with co-infection Babesia. I had to take this medication strictly everyday even though it tasted nasty I had to do it. Nevertheless, Dr. Cameron is a very well knowledgeable doctor that knows his ins and outs about Lyme. But in order to start seeing results everyone has to obey his rules and guidelines in order to get better. Nothing in life is easy and this disease doesn't make it easy to if we do not fight and do what it takes to keep it away. I love the staff there too. They were very helpful and listened to my every concern. I greatly appreciate it and what they have done for me over the years. They are by far the best and I could not have asked for a better doctor to help me out in this matter. I know Dr. Cameron is busy with other patients so not being able to see him at exactly my appointment time on some days is fine with me because I know he will take the time out to listen to my concerns as well as hear his intake on it all. Most doctors office I have been to there wait time is by far longer. Everyday doctors encounter a patient that needs more attention than others and that is something I know they can not stop. But I wanted to say thank you thank you Dr. Cameron for everything. You are truly great.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Dr. Cameron is an incredibly caring, dedicated doctor. He is not overly aggressive with treatment, which we like. That said, he is exceptionally knowledgeable and almost intuitive about treatment. He is also very flexible and listens to the patient carefully. We travel over one thousand miles to see him, after trying many other doctors. He is WORTH THE TRIP!

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Dr. Cameron is a pioneer in Lyme Disease. That being said, we didn't have the best experience with him. His methods of treatment are extremely unaggressive. If you question the lack of improvement, he will tell you stories of people who have come to him after having had much worse treatment . I am empathetic to others with this disease, but at $350 an office visit, I am more concerned with my own results. He is not concerned with how quickly or slowly you heal, or anything non-medical to help improve the quality of your life. I know people who have had great success with him, but that seems like it was mainly years ago. After switching to another practitioner, we have, in half the time as we had seen Dr. Cameron, achieved double the results. I feel like his treatment is intentionally slow.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Dr. Cameron was the 2nd LLMD I have been too. I left the first when I moved across country. I am a RN, I was first diagnosed by my pcp, when I started having chronic headaches, and episodic brain fog. I tested cdc positive on an Elisa, and WB. Later I tested positive on an Igenix panel. The first LLMD in Texas that I saw ran a series of blood work when I saw him, and every time after. He offered a multifaceted approach to Lyme, including medications for symptom management. He was also reasonably priced. When I moved he was too far for me to continue seeing. I should include that I live comfortably and have amazing insurance. The first time I saw Dr. C it cost me $875, and he wrote a 30 day script for Doxy, without a physical exam, or any labs. I live more than 100 miles from him, and suffer from cardiac Lyme issues, and Iron processing issues. So, the next 3 visits were by phone. The first call cost me $250, each follow up call increased by $50. Each time I spoke to him less than 10 mins total. I got increasingly sicker, I had blood transfusions at my local hospital, I lost the ability to walk, and started having seizures. He never once offered any more testing, neurologist referrals, or medication for symptom management. This man is about one thing, money. He's knowledge base on patient care is rudimentary at best. From my nursing opinion, he is not worth the time. Seek help elsewhere.

Submitted December 20, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Cameron for just over a year now. I find him to be very thorough, very helpful and kind. My quality of life has improved significantly since beginning my treatment with him. I would recommend him to anyone seeking treatment for Lyme.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

Such a huge disappointment. I put my trust in him, but very wrong to do so. He may no attempt to look at all the conditions being trriggered by lyme. If I mentioned a new symptom he would say nothing. Once he even said so what do the other doctors say? I said he was my doctor. He made me sicker by ignoring other conditions caused by lyme. Just because he was president of ILADs does not mean he is a good doctor...just a good politician.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

The first appointment is not very thorough so if there is any chance that you do not have Lyme Disease, you may want to go somewhere else. My partner and I didn't feel like he listened to what we said, we had trouble getting clear answers to our questions, and we often felt like he talked down to us. There was a reluctance to read any documents that we presented to him. In one instance, I was pressured to choose quickly between two different medications but did not have the information nor was I provided with any information in order to make an informed choice. Does not provide help for pain other than antibiotics so you must go elsewhere to get this treated.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

He is a very good doctor he does knows how to treat Lyme disease, if you have something else then you need to go to another Doctor. He got my daughter better , I have gotten better, you will never be cured completely if you have chronic lyme disease due to the permanent damage it does to you , you have to learn to live with whatever sickness if leaves you with. Doctor are humans we are humans no one is perfect, because of the law sews is the reason lots of Doctors do not want to work with us trying to find the solution. people should only take such action if really necessary . We all have to die one day . People probably try to sew God lol

flag | Submitted July 6, 2016

Dr. Daniel J. Cameron's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Homeopathic Medicine - Nlg (Grad. 1981)