Dr. Amaryllis J. Scott

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Amaryllis J. Scott

Very short with patients. Accused of being a "drug seeker" when asked what to take beside Tylenol. Good surgeon, terrible bedside maner

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

I am so happy with my care from both Dr Scott's and from all of their staff at Orthopaedic Speciality Clinic. Truly the best in the region.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

Dr. Scott was an excellent physician on many levels: knowledgeable, personable, bedside manner and ability to name a few. Before the operation I had a number of questions that I forgot to ask in the pre-op interview. She got back to me very quickly on two occasions with all the information that I needed. Before my knee meniscus operation in the hospital she was also excellent at allaying my fears and explaining the fine points of the operation.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

My shoulder was a mess before surgery as a result of many dislocations over the years. After Dr. Scott’s work, my shoulder has been better and stronger than at any time since the first dislocation. I have been very pleased with the result.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

I have lived with shoulder pain for 15 years. And then I met Dr. Amaryllis Scott and scheduled surgery. My bicep tendon was shredded, had significant bone spurs, multi tears, arthritis etc. Amazingly I had zero pain following the surgery. The recovery has been relatively easy. I credit Dr. Scott for her meticulous work. She’s also warm, inviting and shows she cares. She is a master at her craft. I couldn’t recommend her more enthusiastically.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

A. Scott did an amazing job with my shoulder, she is the best Ortho doc! Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Dr. Scott’s staff was very dedicated to scheduling a quick and smooth appointment for my knee consultations. I had knee surgeries, less than one year apart from each other, on both knees, and the recovery time was freakishly quick. Dr. Scott’s bedside manner was excellent and she was very direct and honest. I loved that she wasn't so quick to tell me surgery needed to happen ASAP, but she gave me options and educated suggestions. Seamless surgery both times, and I'd recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Recently had surgery for a torn meniscus with Dr. A. Scott. Dr Scott and her staff were great. She was very patient and informative. I was able to email her with questions prior to surgery and got a quick response. I did not need painkillers after the surgery, 3 days of extra strength Tylenol was enough. I was able to walk without a cane, 3 days after surgery and have minimal swelling. I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

My orthopedic surgeon strongly referred me to Dr. Scott to repair a severe shoulder break, which involved two surgeries prior to my case being considered by Dr. Scott. I am more than delighted with a successful outcome. Dr. Scott is highly attentive and care for her patients. I highly recommend Dr. Scott not only to my friends and professional colleagues should they ever need an experienced & excellent sports medicine orthopedic surgeon. It's rare for a surgeon to be so approachable!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

Dr. Amaryllis J. Scott's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1990)