Ratings for Dr. Matthew C. Brown

I am shocked by the comments already posted. I had my very first surgery by Dr. Brown. I had never had surgery before my hysterectomy by him. I was nervous about being put under anesthesia. He walked me through the how and why. He held my hand prior to being wheeled into the OR and asked if I had any questions he could answer before we started. I was 100% comfortable with his care, his knowledge and his bedside manner. His nurses were more than helpful setting up my appointments, handling my insurance and calling in my medications. I would recommend him any day! I'm having surgery number two by him soon for a different reason unrelated to the hysterectomy but I'm going in just as confident in him as the first time. He is wonderful!!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

I had Dr. Brown back when he was still at OB/GYN Associates. He always seemed generally distinterested in his job, and he actually bruised me once because he pressed down so hard when measuring my belly. I also had a friend who told him she didn't think her baby was head down. Without really checking he told her it was. After not progressing when she was in labor, it turned out her baby was breech just like she thought and she had to have a c-section.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

The office staff is rude from the front desk on including the sonographer who was laughing at something she was reading while explaining I had a miscarriage. Then when seeing Dr. Brown to discuss why I had a miscarriage it seemed inconvenient that I had been put on his schedule. At a time when I had just found out I lost a baby you would think there would be some sort of compassion from someone in the office but it was non existant.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

I have read some negative comments regarding Dr. Brown, but I have never had experiences even close to this. Dr Brown has always made me feel extremely comfortable and at ease. I have been seeing him for fertility issues for approx 3 years and reccomend him very highly!

flag | Submitted June 30, 2010

Is usually late to appointments - was even 45 minutes late to a scheduled surgery (and I was the first of the day). Seemed uninterested in trying to diagnose the cause of miscarriages and advocated a treatment that he admitted was unlikely to help.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2010

Dr.Brown delivered my first child. He was extremly rude not only at the birth but also at the office visit's. He actually was talking on the phone with one hand and gloved the other and checked my cervix (during labor!) with the other. When I ended up needing an emergency c-section i cried and he actually asked me "whats your problem? Why dont you want a section?, its not a big deal." I felt like a number and he just wanted to get me in and out. I also felt like he used a lot of unessacery interventions to try to speed up the process so he could get home. NOT a good experience and NOT a nice man. I know they do this everyday...but having a child is a VERY unique experience in someones life. Have compassion!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2009

He delivered my 3rd child by VBAC. I expected a c-section but he was supportive of a VBAC. The only complaint was that I only pushed for maybe 5 minutes and he decided I needed the vacuumn. I went to his group after that child was born and was very unhappy with care. His co-workers were not very VBAC supportive at all. In the last weeks I was highly pushed to a c-section. I denied it. When I was at the hospital, they pushed me to have a section after slight decels. They gave me 15 minutes to progress from a 6cm to a 9. I really like Dr. Brown and have bumped into him outside of the clinic. He is a kind man and seems family oriented. He also is not pushy about birth control. His staff is very rude and short with people (front desk and nurses).

flag | Submitted August 26, 2008

Dr. Brown says that he is supportive of vbac, but he recommends lots of unnecessary interventions that decrease one's chances for normal birth.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2007

Dr. Matthew C. Brown's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal