Ratings for Dr. Brian Ticoll

Have nothin bad to tell you A good nice carng doctor with sweet helpful ladies at his office. Seems to really wanna help. Gave me drugs that workd and always asked what I thought and explained well.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

I had a very good experience from my first contact with his office staff to my visit with him and then going over his consult report with my family doctor. Based on his report my family doctor revised my treatment. Dr. Ticoll also referred me for psychotherapy. I am pleased with the result.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

The guy is obsessed with sticking to one drug. If it does not work, no s"""s given still says to stay on it. Very intimidating and does not like to be wrong. Huge proponent of SSRI treatment as well as lithium. I do not see why he cannot admit he is wrong. i have known him for three years and he never changes anything in my meds even when I am severely feeling down. He just says give it time, i THINK THREE YEARS OF TIME IS ENOUGH FOR A MED TO WORK.

Submitted August 6, 2017

A great doctor. Took care of me for depression. I was completely another person. I ended up back to myself. Doctor gave me the time I needed and only the pills that worked. He listend to me and my wife. He answered my phone calls

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

I was on the psych ward last week with Dr. Ticoll. He helped me. He was available. I can tell he cared. He is a nice doctor.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Dr. Ticoll clearly has an agenda for his patients. Having spoken to another patient we have decided that he is extremely narcissistic in that he manipulates his patients to believe they have mental issues, in order to inflate them with meds. My first visit, he barked at me, became extremely controlling, and asked me very personal questions that were inappropriate and irrelevant to the visit. Later in the appointment he used that information against me in a very manipulative fashion. By the end he had spent most of the appointment trying to talk me into taking various drugs that he rattled off like it was second nature. He was very late to the appointment and didn't apologize for making me wait so long, but ended the appointment early too! Can we give a doctor 0 on here?

Submitted July 12, 2017

I had a terrible time with this particular doctor communicating my needs and wants. He seems not to understand what I was trying to achieve while I was under his care. He takes words so literally and does not pay attention to the whole story. After talking to him for good half an hour, he says: " maybe it's only your problem." Well, Dr. Ticoll you don't say such a comment to a patient of yours. It wouldn't be my problem if I didn't have to see you. It was very difficult to see you as always, and it seems like I didn't have any other choice. As usual, you involved my family too much in this particular therapy of yours, when you could simply ask them to leave. Time is running out for dealing with these types of therapies.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Very helpful concerned and thoughtful, non judgemental. A real good man. His staff is kind and considerate. He has kept me well and functioning good for years.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

He is not particularly helpful and seems to be obsessed with prescribing lithium. Not so great attitude when I've tried opening up on multiple occasions expressing my concerns and always late for appointments.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Decent psychiatrist but does not deal with many fields. I have failed to see any improvement in my social anxiety under him. The cognitive techniques he provides are useless. I also feel he underprescribeds medications and overdoes the therapy which doesn't work for acute cases. His staff is helpful but does not give appropriate appointment times when booking when he is free and he is generally late to his appointments. Overalll would recommend for schizo/psychosis but not for any other conditions Ocd, Add, Depression, SA and so on.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017