Ratings for Dr. Robert Doran

I seen Dr. Doran for over 13 years and he delivered my second son and I was very pleased with the care that I received from him and his staff. He was caring, thoughtful and did a good job explaining things to me. He personally called me with lab results which I really appreciated. He's was the best doctor that I have ever had. I was very sad to hear that he had died.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

I had cervical cancer and he treated me. He was very caring and was the best Dr. I found. I was 23 at the time and he saved enough of the tissue so I could still carry my own child when ready. It is sad now that he has passed on.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2009

Dr. Doran was a wonderful Dr. who delivered two of my children and i wish he could deliver my third he was a wonderful man and will really be missed. Rest in Peace Dr doran and thanks for eveything you've done.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2009

I enjoy Dr Doran and his staff - I've always felt very confident in the care I've received from him and his staff. He is always concerned about my comfort and that I understand what is going on.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2008

One of his receptionists claimed she asked a nurse the requirements for a certain test. I followed the instructions I was told, and when I showed up for my appointment, was told I didn't do what I was told and would have to come back to do the test correctly. Dr. Doran tried to push birth control as a solution, even though I told him I was trying to get pregnant. He even told me he would try non-birth control methods, "Maybe in 5 or 10 years, when you're old enough to have children." He runs his clinic on a Need-to-Know basis, he'll only tell you what you need to know to agree with him.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2007

Dr. Doran needs to read up on current medical research and needs to improve his bedside manner. During delivery, he tried to scare me into doing what was most convenient for him rather than what was safest for me & my baby.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2007

Dr. Robert Doran's Credentials

• Univ Of Ia Coll Of Med, Iowa City Ia 52242 (Grad. 1974)

Top Hospitals in Ames, IA