Ratings for Dr. Donald G. Gordon

For what felt like forever I was experiencing debilitating GI symptoms that left 2 physicians stumped. These were two knowledgeable, experienced gastroenterologists who really tried their best to help me, but after having multiple tests, multiple diagnosis' and treatments with no results I was feeling discouraged and hopeless. My wife and daughter grew concerned about my obsession to find answers, I turned to the internet in hopes that I could find someone able to help me. I had gone to surrounding towns looking for GI specialists, and reviews to support them. I found Dr. Gordon and was really pleased reading these reviews. I called and made an appointment and luckily was booked for an appointment within a few days of calling! The staff was excellent, chipper and efficient, I arrived 15 minutes early and was brought to the exam room within 10 minutes of my early arrival. My visit with Dr. Gordon wasn't rushed, I was examined, and interviewed about my family history and daily habits, my symptoms and diet. Within the visit I was diagnosed, and prescribed medication to suppress my symptoms and treat my illness. I'll never understand what Dr.G knows that other highly rated GI specialists don't... but I know this much IM GRATEFUL!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Excellent doctor. Really knows his stuff. Had seen multiple doctors before I found this man. Thank goodness I did!!!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

I have had UC for 10 yrs but recently had a flare up that was clearly different from the past. I decided to go to Dr. Gordon because I felt I was being treated the same way regardless of the symptoms. The first thing I said to Dr. Gordon was that this was DIFFERENT, that I was bloated and my stomach was distended. He not only listened to me but explained that it sounded like I may have SIBO and that there was a simple test we could do in the office. We made a plan to get my UC under control, scheduled the test for SIBO and after testing positive for it I went on an antibiotic and within a few days I felt so much better. Finally having a Gastro that actually heard what I was saying was a blessing. I'm feeling better than ever! Thanks Dr. Gordon :)

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

I had numerous gastro symptoms, the worst of which was a small intestinal bacterial overgrowth which was giving me some very unpleasant symptoms. My research indicated that this was a difficult malady to diagnose, much less cure. But after a non-invasive test, the problem was non only diagnosed, but eventually brought under total control. I feel like I have a whole new digestive system. Thanks, Dr. Gordon!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Thought about switching gastros but didn't know who to go to but the high recommendations of Dr. Gordon proved to be true. Had an informative and long visit with the doctor. Feel my issues were being addressed and I am confident I had made the correct choice. This is how all doctors should practice today. Dr. Gordon should give lessons to his collegues .

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

My family has a history of IBD (Crohn's and UC), so when I was diagnosed by a doctor in Milford CT (Where I live) with UC, and when I found I was having a terrible experience with that doctor in Milford, I asked my mother who she sees. She highly recommended Dr. Gordon, and while I was also hesitant to drive almost an hour to see him, she so highly recommended him and I was in such pain that I scheduled the appointment. I had started to find myself in an extremely severe flare up, and his office was beyond helpful in getting me an appointment as soon as possible, calling me if there was a cancellation and being so willing to help me be seen ASAP. Of the actual visit: Doctor Gordon himself was absolutely the best. He was very helpful in explaining my condition to me. My previous GE had performed a Colonoscopy and hadn't discussed the results of that procedure with me at my follow-up appointment with her, so Dr. Gordon took my previous GE's notes and helped me understand where my individual disease was located, how severe it was, performed in office testing, laid out a detailed game-plan for the coming days, and was truly compassionate and honestly empathetic of the fear and pain I was experiencing in midst of this severe flare. Eight days into this flare-up, and two days into Dr. Gordon's treatment, his treatment is absolutely spot on, medications are working very well, and his office has been extremely helpful in following up with me. The ONLY reason I give his staff 3 stars, is because I worked as a medical assistant and technician, and one of the nurses and one of the secretaries were cold. His other staff were very helpful, but these two, in my opinion, do not represent his practice well. I would highly recommend Dr. Gordon as he is a wonderful GE, and I hope anyone considering seeing him will not judge the practice by the coldness of one or two staff members. Everyone else there was absolutely great, and has been following up with my treatment and been very kind and compassionate.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

My wife was intially hesitant to drive from Ridgefield to Newtown just to see a doctor. She was happy with the care she was given at the hospital and decided that a second opinion was in order. After perusing the evaluations on line, we couldn't have been happier . After a half hour evaluation (had the tests sent before the visit) and a discussion of the possibilities a game plan was instituted to our satisfaction that finally we met a doctor of this quality. Can't recommend him enough. In office testing was a plus with testing started the same day of our visit. At least my wife feels she has somebody that will listen to her complaints and take action.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

Dr. Gordon is the best, very knowledgeable and selects correct treatments and meds.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Gordon for many years. He has been treating me for hepatitis B as well as a GI bleed. He has always been up to date with the last treatments and I have now been cleared of the hep B virus, I have never waited to be seen in the office for more than 10 minutes. Scheduling and having my most recent colonoscopy was easy (accept for the prep yuck). He also took care of internal hemorrhoids painlessly right in the office. He talked to me not a computer. I highly rcommend Dr. Gordon and his staff.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

Horrible patients info is out in the open. The staff is rude and Obviously has no idea what they're doing. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to this office never mind my family!! The state of CT will be investigating this circus of a medical office!

Submitted October 27, 2014

Dr. Donald G. Gordon's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)