Ratings for Dr. Michael Lawless

I had my eyes lasered with Dr. Michael Lawless at Vision Eye Institute Chatswood. Apparently Dr. Lawless is one of the best laser eye surgeons in Australia. Regardless of this I had a horrific experience at this place. It's quite simply a sausage factory; you're rushed through each step of the process with very little care given to you. Dr. Lawless also has zero personality and zero bed-side manner. I felt very anxious throughout, mostly because my questions weren't answered and I was fobbed off as being difficult. When the procedure was completed and I was ushered out the door I had no idea if the procedure had even been successful! I raised these concerns in my post-op consult and was told to fill out a feedback form. Ah huh, right. I'm pretty sure my 'feedback' went straight in the shredder. I would NEVER recommend that you go to this place or this doctor. Find somewhere that's more personal and the staff and doctor spend more time with you. I feel quite rattled by my experience.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2013

Amazing Surgeon, very helpful and I'm very happy with the outcome of the surgery

flag | Submitted January 16, 2011

I had my eyes done in the 90's, first with PKR and later (for no further fee) with LASIC. I am now legally able to drive with out glasses. This was a good result for me.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr Lawless for seventeen years. This gentle giant has walked the path with me from the time when I was almost blind where, today, I have almost perfect vision. As a result of what this very skilled doctor did, I was able to go to university and obtain a degree.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2009

I first went to Dr Lawless in 1989 to seek advice on cornea transplant. Cornea transplant was done in 1994. Since then i had small adjustment operations about 3 times. Throughout the period Dr Lawless and his staff have provided me with absolutely outstanding support and guidances without trying to influence my decision. I have absolute confidence in Dr Lawless and his staff. Once or twice a year i still visit him even to say hello. always after i saw him my confidence is back, he always there for me. I had my eye cornea problem since 1977 i have seen many, many doctors in few countries but no one can match Dr lawless. He is the best and i will not see anyother doctor for my vision issues.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2008

I went to Dr Lawless to seek advice on mono-vision laser correction as I knew that he had undergone the procedure himself. Dr Lawless provided me with all of the pros and cons of the procedure and suggested that I undertake a mono-vision contact lens trial. On completion of the one day trial I found that I was still unsure so opted to extend the trial. Throughout the period Dr Lawless and his staff have provided me with absolutely outstanding support and guidances without trying to influence my decision. While I am still unsure if laser surgery is for me I have absolute confidence in Dr Lawless and his staff.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2008

I feel I should have been given the option of using contact lenses before my lasik procedure, to what I would be coping with after the operation (I had originally been offered this to me then withdrawn for some reason) I have found it very hard to get used to the Lasik treatment. In my case only one eye was operated on giving me long sightedness in one year and short sightedness in the other. There are just some people that laser or lasik procedures don't work for but I believe the Eye Institute is too commercially driven and should tell those it will not be beneficial for instead of taking their money regardless.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2007