Ratings for Dr. Stuart G. Shanker

Very rushed and shows no care or concern for patient. Terrible bedside manners!! Never acknowledged us when enterin room or asked if we had questions/concerns before rushing out. He repeatedly saw my daughter for ear infections and continued to prescribe antibiotics, which did not help. I pushed back and was told to "give her this and don't worry Mom." I finally decided to take her to her primary pediatrician who is at the second location for the ppractice and he saw that there was residual fluid and antibiotics where not helping. She was a definite candidate for tubes and was immediately referred to an ENT. STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2014

Dr. shanker came into our room at overland park to give our newborn daughtet her physical exam. He did not introduce himself or say hello to my husband and I. He handled our baby like she wad just another baby on the list. After the exam he decided to interro gate us on why we chose not to vaccinate. He basically told us we were putting the community at risk of disease. He made us feel like the worst ppl ever. He did not respect our beliefs and was intent and fired up.on challenging us. He told us coldly thay his group would not treat our child. I would never recommend this guy to anyone. Not sure how he's a pediatrician with his attitude,lack of empathy,and professionalism.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

My wife and I have a 3 year old and 9 month old, both boys. I agree with the others that Shanker comes off a bit unpleasant at first, but he opens up and is quite pleasant after awhile. What he's best at, and what's most important, is he's a phenomenal doctor and can pinpoint what's wrong with our boys right away. Our 3 year old can by shy, but he really likes Dr Shanker. I would highly recommend him to any parent. I'm hopeful he's around for a long time because he makes us feel at ease every time we leave his office.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

My brother and I were patients of Dr. Shanker's for all of our 18 years. We thought he was soooo funny looking in our ears for "Ernie & Bert" at check-ups! I am now 33, (my brother 31) and my 8 year old daughter is a patient at the Preferred Pediatrics in Lee's Summit, but had I known that Dr. Shanker still practiced in the area, she would be a patient of his as well. Keep up the good work Shank!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2011

Dr Shanker was my doctor when I was a child and he now cares for my 2 children. I think he may come off as slightly abrasive or maybe rough at first, but he is NOT. I believe that he cares deeply for his family, his staff and his patients. He has lots and lots of experience, so he's seen everything. He can identify and diagnose very quickly, even with one of my little one's complicated conditions. I've also NEVER been told he can't see me that day. If your child is sick they see them. Period. I hear people saying that had to wait one or two days to have their child seen by other offices and that is ridiculous! Dr. Voelker in this office is also very good. I wouldn't necessarily recommend the other two doctors.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2008

I think he's done an EXCELLENT job so far treating my 6 month old preemie who's had lots of issues and complications. He doesn't seem to mind my list of questions every visit. I've noticed that he's a little friendlier now as compared to the first few visits when he JUST acted as a doctor. I would recommend him!!!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2007

very rough, not helpful at all, specially with babies.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2007

Dr. Stuart G. Shanker's Credentials

• Univ Of Mo, Columbia Sch Of Med, Columbia Mo 65212 (Grad. 1975)

Top Hospitals in Olathe, KS