Ratings for Dr. Thomas T. Le

I Consulted with Thomas Le. I found him to be amazingly detailed and wanted to listen to me, really understand EXACTLY what I was going for. I feel he really wants to restore identities. I did pick up on some red flags and red some things I didnt like. So I may or may not use him. For those considering him, maybe not review him until you have surgery? Would you want to speak negatively on a public forum about any physician before you put your life in their hands?

flag | Submitted November 8, 2017

Thanks so much for the reply :) So you paid $1400 for 2 consultations, plus travel expenses? And you plan to spend more for further consultations? Is that correct? That sounds very high and unnecessary. I have never heard of restoring identity from rhinoplasty. Do you have any documentation on that type of surgery? I dunno about your surgical plan, it sounds very vague since you have to keep having consults, and very invasive since you are seeking full reconstruction with rib. I am sooooo sorry that you are traumatized. What are you going to do if your reconstruction doesn’t come out as planned? Do you trust Dr. Le that much? Thats great that Are you sure that you need all of that done to your nose? What did the other surgeons you see say when you told them about your issues? What did they propose? What did they say when you said you had identity lose and were traumatized? What did Dr. Le say when you were crying and said that you were traumatized? What is wrong with your life now that is associated with your nose, that you want your life back? What questions does he ask that take up so much time? What do your friends and family think? Are they supportive of reconstructing your nose? Are you sure that you know what you are doing? Sorry for all the questions and thanks for the reply.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

I had 2 consults with Dr. Le. I agree his processs isn’t for everyone. He spends a lot of time asking psych questions and asking you what you like and don’t like about your current nose. Divides nose up into sections and asks his questions. Going back to your old nose is impossible, and I did try to say I hate everything. I just want my old nose back or as close to as possible , let’s just get to see what you can do at computer. But that’s not his way like other doctors . I consulted with 7 other surgeons to date. Dr Le has amazing photos and is into identity restoration. Not many other surgeons have his level of photos before and after with rib. It’s imporrant to see. We got to morphs part at my second consult. First consult I was a crying mess and traumatized and it was too early. We barely got through his questions. I am still waiting for my surgical plan. I know I need to see him again to really establish surgical goals and final morph. Whatever he sends will note my state of mind for sure, tell me my old nose is gone, and probably tell me we need more time to finalize my plan. I plan to consult with 3 other surgeons at my year mark and decide. Oh and I need a lot. Total augmentation reconstruction. I need lots of Length; 2mm bridge restored; significant derotation; projection and a whole newly constructed tip. I want long strong structured nose back with my ethnic unique tip. I was butchered and didn’t expect any rhino. My trauma is severe. I am suffering greatly. He understands trauma and identity restoration. I spent almost $1400.00 for both consults, which is a lot. And I Still need another. Yes it’s expensive. I agree. But that’s how much charges. His consults run @4 hours. Mine was 1-5pm both times. I see why doing the first almost 3 hours of intake before you get to photos is frustrating. Esp more then once but that’s how he consults. He does show photos of his revision work in office of those former patients who permit him to do so. In office only,not online. They are Amazing outcomes and he explains what he did and how it’s similar to your case. . Truly amazing work. I wish I could talk personally to more patients as well. And see personally the results. But... this revision underworld sucks. I never wanted rhino - loved my natural nose. My doctor said “nothing different” and I believed him. Never noted one cosmetic concern. So it really sucks. So I need a miracle. I reallly liked Dr Les work. His consult process isn’t for everyone. People feel his questions take up too much time when they want to see other patients pics and morph. I get that totally! That’s all I wanted at second consult. Not his question I take process again. But that’s his method. It’s how he operates. Will await my surgical plan. Plan to decide by December on my surgeon. . Surgery next year. I want my life back. Pray Dr. Le (or whoever I decide on ) can deliver!!! Hope this helps someone.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

Hi, Did you you pay $1800 for a rhinoplasty consultation? Is that correct? 4 consults x 3 hours each  x $150/hr = $1800. Did he tell you what his revision work in his photos consisted of? What was the defect and the surgical plan in those cases? Why doesn't he post photos of his amazing work online? That would help patients a lot. It sounds like he is charging to show you photos. Your review doesn't sound very positive. What is so different about his process? Why did you have to have 4 consultations? What questions did he ask and what did you talk about for that long? And why did you leave him 5 stars after paying so much for a consult and feel frustrated? Who said it was worth it in the end? How did he say that he was going to restore your natural nose? What is the surgical plan you worked out with him? What makes him stand out over the 15 other surgeons you consulted with? I am looking to have a revision also and was considering him too but am having a difficult time finding patients online. I am really on the fence and I don't know what to believe from some of these reviews. Any help would be appreciated :)

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

Rev rhino consult. I found his consult process to be long and most of it unnecessary. I just want my old nose back. My bridge, my length and my tip. I want to see pics of revison patients with similar issues and I want to see how close you can get to my natural nose. And how. What grafts. Where. Why. He has a process for consults. It’s frustrating because all I want is my old nose back. Creating morphs involves getting to my natural nose anyway. I think answering those questions and going through process once at first consult makes sense. But for the 2 and 3 consult and even my 4th consult - to go through that again- wasting @3 hours each time - to try to get to room to establish surgical plan - it didn’t make sense. Just runs up the costs. 75.00 per 30 minutes. So that’s annoying. He’s not for everyone but his revision work is amazing based on his pics. I plan to use him once we get to an approved morph and surgical plan. It’s just getting there is frustrating and very costly. So be prepared for his process. It’s different. Expensive and frustrating. I have consulted 15 surgeons. It’s between him and another at this point. Waiting to get on same page and also concerned for his surgical time. But I was told it’s worth it at the end. I sure hope so. Want to put this behind me.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2017

I recently consulted with this doctor and I completely trust him to do a revision rhinoplasty for me. My healing is not quite yet complete from my primary rhinoplasty, so I will be going back to see him in a few months to finish our planning and schedule a surgery date. He is very knowledgeable, straight forward, and no nonsense, but at the same time very kind. He showed me several before and after pictures of his patients and they are all impressive to say the least.

Submitted August 7, 2017

Dr. Le made my nose bridge and tip wider than expected. When I requested a refund, he asked me if businesses gave refunds for custom work since it was custom work which he spent hours on.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

Dr. Le fixed my nose after 20 years of struggling to breath and/or being embarrassed by the way my nose looked. My initial consultation with him was rough, and I was not sure about his method; but I trusted him, and I am so happy I did. You have to trust your doctor before you have a procedure; you can always wait or find someone else if it doesn't seem like the right time or decision for you. Dr. Le is the most dedicated doctor I have ever met, and he will work with you to maximize your results. But you have to trust your doctor and their knowledge and communicate clearly about your goals while understanding and accepting any limitations. I was actually shocked when I read a couple negative reviews on this site just now; I did a lot of research and consulted with 4 other doctors from California to Virginia before selecting Dr. Le, and I made the right decision on my doctor. My boyfriend stayed with me every step of the way, too and witnessed all the great care I had from Dr. Le, his office staff and the hospital staff. Dr. Le's skill, dedication and earnestness are unparalleled in this field, and you'd be hard pressed to find a revision rhinoplasty expert as dedicated and reasonable in price. I can breathe again, and I love the way I look!

Submitted June 14, 2017

Dr. Le is a wonderful balance of skilled surgeon, educator, and comforting professional physician. I always learn something important about my skin/face/health each time I visit. He listens very carefully and corrects the aging process with a very natural result. I enjoy many compliments due to his care!

Submitted May 31, 2017

Dr. Le performed my 4th revision rhinoplasty in March of 2016, and I am so grateful for his surgical expertise, talented hands, and compassion for his patients. He corrected the mess that 3 previous surgeons created inside my nose and now it looks natural, symmetric and I can breathe easier. I highly recommend Dr. Le to anyone desiring rhinoplasty or revision rhinoplasty. He's my hero!

Submitted May 25, 2017

Dr. Thomas T. Le's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)