You may also like

Rate Dr. Thomas T. Le

Dr. Thomas T. Le's Ratings

After much research and time I engaged Dr. Le to fix my nose and ears and I added in Lipo of my neck. Dr. Le is truly is an amazing doctor. I suffered years with a horribly crooked nose, off centered ears and a double chin that would not go away.. I spent close to 12 hours in surgery and within 2 weeks I was back out in public. He is gifted and if he is willing to take your case, consider yourself blessed. He has a wonderful assistant named Liz who will answer any questions you may have. my surgery was nearly 2 years ago and I look and feel 10 years younger. Truly the best!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2870598].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

I had a primary rhinoplasty about 17 years ago. I only consulted with one doctor and figured I would get the same result no matter who I picked. I was young and naïve. Immediately after the nose cast came off, even with the swelling, I knew the result was subpar. This rhinoplasty was not absolutely terrible looking, but it was far from as good as it should have been. I had a low bridge with a turned-up tip, the tip looked too big and out of proportion compared to the bridge, a hanging columella, and bumps and a dent on the tip.
I researched and researched for many years and consulted with 15+ doctors around the U.S, which included most of the big-name-famous-revisionists. I was very reluctant to go forward with another rhino to improve my "done" looking nose, as I knew if I didn't pick a great doctor I could risk having an even worse result. I talked to many people on the internet about their revisions, saw many pictures, and met many people in person during my research process for an improved revision. At this point, no doctor felt right. Out of all these doctors, I highly considered 2 of the big name doctors and saw them for consults several times. But then I met or saw pictures of one or more of their patients who had a revision similar to mine and I did not think the results were that good. As we all know the pictures you see in doctor's offices are always good, but it may be a different story when you meet a person who is not recommended by their office. This shows the doctor's true ability.
Finally I found Dr. Thomas Le! He was recommend on a plastic surgery message board. I was so happy after the first consult just because he showed me so many pictures of his patients with similar issues as mine, far more then any other doctor I had seen, and the results he showed looked fantastic! But of course, I was not going to be convinced this was my guy until I had found people on the internet who were willing to show me pictures of their results and make sure they were happy and their results looked GREAT, as (like I said before) I believe this is the only way to see the true quality of a doctor's work (from people who's pictures are not shown in the doctor's office or recommended by that office).
Over time, I found and received pictures from a number of people on plastic surgery message boards who had a revison by Dr. Le and they all looked very good. I did not see one result that I thought looked bad. Dr. Le's office also referred me to 2 of his patients, similar to my situation, who also had great results. In addition to this, I took me 3 consults to decide I was comfortable with him doing my revision and trust his ability.
I am now over a year postop and am thrilled to say my results are far better than I though I could ever have!!! I truly believe that no other doctor could have given me results this good (and I have seen many doctors)! For my revision I had spreader grafts and many grafts in my tip all using septum cartilage. I also asked for my tip to be deprojected and he did this beautifully, without causing my nostrils to flair ( I do have smaller nostrils naturally though). My highest request was to have a "natural" looking nose, as the first rhino gave me a "nose job" look. My nose now looks completely natural and no one could even guess I had 2 rhinoplasties.
My breathing is also much better. I did not ask for my breathing to be improved, but Dr. Le checked it anyway and said maybe he could improve it. Before, when I would lay down and when I worked out I would have to breath out of my mouth. I have always been like this so it was not due to my first rhino. Now I sleep with my mouth closed and breath better during my workouts. I would say it is improved 40%. I never knew how much I would enjoy breathing better through my nose!
Here is the part that makes Dr. Le an even better doctor than described above. I still have a small concern with one of my nostrils being SLIGHTLY arched more than the other side. Dr. Le is completely open to doing a minor in-office procedure so I am 100% happy with my nose. I believe many other doctors would say "I did my best" and send you on your way.
Lastly, he keeps his surgery fees reasonable. Many other top names are charging more. I believe he could charge more if he wanted to considering how incredibly good he is.
In my opinion, Dr. Le is has a huge heart and is more talented in revision rhinoplasty than any doctor out there!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2778783].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

I can not say enough good things about my experiences with Dr. Le. I went to him for revision rhinoplasty, a facial cyst removal and a torn ear repeat as well ear re-piercing. The first thing I saw him for was the revision rhinoplasty. I was super nervous about having the surgery again but was also very unhappy with the end state of the initial surgery. I met with top plastic surgeons in the area and after meeting with Dr. Le, I knew he was the right one to perform the revision. He took a lot of time meeting with me to review what needed to be done to correct the issues from the first surgery and most importantly he was patient, caring and really understood what I was looking for - which was to fix the issues from the first surgery without making any major changes. He put together mockups of how it would look and they were exactly what I was looking for. I scheduled the surgery. I thought I was ready but then I chickened out - nervous about doing it again, nervous about the end result, nervous about anesthesia... you name it. I called and cancelled. I was sure he would never talk to me again and would be angry I was canceling so close to the surgery date. Instead, he called me back and left me a message letting me know he understood, he would be willing to talk to me about any concerns and that I could reschedule at any time. He wasn't mad at all. It was the exact opposite reaction I was expecting. It was so understanding. And a few weeks later, knowing it was OK to reschedule and that he wasn't angry or annoyed with my hesitation & cancellation, I rescheduled the surgery and this time I went through with it. I was still nervous going into it but I really trusted Dr. Le and am so happy with the results. I can't believe it took me so long to go through with it but the understanding and compassion and skill Dr. Le has was what I needed to ultimately go through with it. All of the issues we discussed were addressed and the end result looked remarkably close to the mock ups which was exactly what I was hoping for. I was and still am so happy about my decision to go with Dr. Le. In fact, I was so happy with the end result that I later saw him for a cyst removal on my face by my ear - you can't even tell it used to be there. Another wonderful result. And even later, I had him repair a torn earring hole and then re-pierce it for me. Of course it looks perfectly centered and matches my other hole. On top of that, my husband was so impressed by Dr. Le that he also went to him for deviated septum repair as well as minor straightening of the septum to help with the breathing. As expected, he was thrilled with the end result. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Le and our experiences. I wouldn't go to anyone else for facial plastic surgery in the Washington DC area.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2746046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

I selected Dr. Le for my revision rhinoplasty based on patient reviews posted on this site and similar forums; thus, I am returning to post my own detailed experience with Dr. Le as a method to guide potential patients.
I had a primary rhinoplasty in June, 2005 with a surgeon local to my hometown. As a 20 year old student, I did minimal research and essentially scheduled surgery with the first surgeon (and only) surgeon I consulted. Unfortunately, it was a rather impulsive decision that left me with a very unnatural looking nose. Aggressive cartridge removal left my tip completely crooked. Moreover, my nostrils were severely notched and asymmetrical. I had developed significant scar tissue inside my nostrils and it was very difficult to breathe through my nose. I relied heavily on “Breath Right” strips at night. Over the years, these deformities worsened and I was extremely dissatisfied. I would often consider a revision but had essentially lost all faith in the possibility of having a satisfactory outcome and feared it would actually make things worse.
About two years ago, I got up the nerve to consult with two facial plastic surgeons in my area that had significant experience with revision rhinoplasty cases. The first surgeon, affiliated with my place of employment, felt as though my case was too complicated and politely turned me away. The second surgeon was willing to add some grafts to make my nose appear more symmetrical but would not be able to address any of my breathing problems. I then stumbled across Dr. Le via online feedback from previous patients.
The initial consultation with Dr. Le lasted nearly three hours and every aspect of my previous surgery, aesthetic and functional problems, and goals were addressed. Based on his extensive experience and the plethora of before and after images he shows you in office of patients with similar deformities and goals, I become more confident that I might actually end up with a positive outcome. Dr. Le also offered to put me in contact with previous patients (with their consent), if I wanted to have a more frank discussion about their experience with the surgery, follow up and outcome. I declined to do so; however, I did arrange for another mini phone consultation to go over some further concerns/questions prior to scheduling a surgery date.
I had my revision rhinoplasty in June, 2013. The surgery lasted 10 hours. I was initially concerned because other online reviewers mentioned surgeries lasting at least 8 hours but I realized that Dr. Le was going to spend as much time as he needed to give me the best results rather than rushing through and putting a “band-aid” over everything. I went home the same evening and despite extensive grafting (no rib used), I had absolutely no pain. I basically felt like I had a terrible head cold and intense congestion for the week after the surgery. Dr. Le followed up the day after surgery via telephone and was quick to get back to me with any questions I had after surgery.
My immediate follow-ups with Dr. Le consisted of weekly appointments for about three weeks and then every two to four weeks. Within the first week after surgery, despite the swelling, I could tell my nose was completely straight and natural looking. This continued to become even more evident as the swelling decreased. Moreover, my breathing was (and still is) perfect! I am so thrilled with the results, even nearly a year and a half later, my nose is perfectly symmetrical, my nostrils look much more natural, and I can breathe through my nose without any problems.
I also want to mention that I tend to form very thick scar, something that I made Dr. Le aware of before my surgery. Dr. Le has significant experience treating hypertrophic scars and keloids and did not shy away from my complicated history. I still visit Dr. le every 4-6 weeks for steroid injections just inside my nostrils where I had significant scarring from my first rhinoplasty. Eventually, the steroids should do the trick but it is worth noting because Dr. Le will truly considers you a patient for life and he has spent countless hours ensuring my nose continues to heal and stay the way it is now. He also does not charge for follow up visits (just a minimal fee for the steroid).
I am so grateful to have found Dr. Le. Not only is he a skilled surgeon, but he is passionate about his work and is one of the kindest healthcare professionals I have ever met (I am a nurse so that says a lot). It is the best feeling to find a surgeon who you can trust completely, especially if you have had poor experiences with other providers in the past. His office staff is also great. They are quick to follow up, help with any insurance issues, and are very pleasant. I cannot tell you how great it feels to finally have the nose I was meant to have!

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2658816].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

As a revision patient (4 surgeries), I was very anxious to find a doctor who I would trust for another surgery. It took me over a year of research and a huge leap of faith to decide for another operation.

When I met Dr. Le, I knew that he is the doc I have been looking for. I was impressed by his commitment, perfectionism and the time he spent to jointly formulate the goals for my surgery (revision rhinoplasty and addressing breathing issues) and map out the plan in detail. As I waited for my surgery, he was available and promptly answered any questions over email, so when I went into the surgery I knew I was in the best hands.

Now, over a year since my surgery, I am very pleased with the results. Dr. Le did an outstanding job, fixing all my aesthetic and breathing issues in a 12-hour session.

I am so grateful to have found Dr. Le, for his commitment, kindness, time and high-quality care. It is good to know there is a doctor out there who truly cares and puts his patients first.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2594884].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 27, 2014

I am one year out from a facelift from Dr. Le and could not be happier. He made significant improvements to my neck line and got rid of the turkey gobbler thing under my neck. I continue to see him for botox and fillers to keep me looking my best and youngest. He is a very thoughtful and thorough doctor and I would recommend him highly.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2593624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 25, 2014

I get fillers and Xeomin regularly by Dr Le. He is always so patient, conscientious, and meticulous. He certainly does well with making me look younger, because I tend to attract men half my age!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2591705].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 24, 2014

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE RESULTS. HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, Dr Le is a liar, a con-artist, and a fraud. The entire team at Northwest Hospital and Baltimore Washington Facial Plastics including Darlene Skinner, Sharon Hendricks, Sheri Waters, and Liz Lyons will ruin your life and could care less. Medical Malpractice at its finest. Dr. Le is the true definition of a sick man.

Was this rating useful? 10 [[ userState['ratings'][2586847].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2014

I went to Dr. Le for my primary rhinoplasty and I'm so glad I found him. He was a great listener throughout the consultation/planning phase and very professional for my surgery and post-op follow-up appointments. The recovery from the procedure was minimal (way easier than having wisdom teeth removed) and I actually breathe better than I did before. Most importantly, I love my new nose and love that the changes he made are subtle and harmonious with the rest of my features.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2542066].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Nose revision, botox, and filler. ALL PERFECTLY DONE. :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2527070].votes_count ]]