Ratings for Dr. Kendall A. Itoku

I think Dr. Itoku is super. When the ER called Dr. Itoku he responded immediately. I was admitted to the hospital and he came in the next day. He explained to me in detail what was wrong and what had to be done. The procedure was done the next day and I went home the following day. His office called me to set up an appointment the next day. I went to the office and only had to wait fifteen minutes then was taken in. Waited maybe ten minutes and Dr Itoku came in explained everything and showed me the X-ray We left and went to check out. His nurse set up the procedure and we left. I had the procedure and it went great. If the man didn't like the doctor talking to his wife why didn't he speak up Why gripe to this rating open your mouth where it counts, obviously he is used to his wife doing the talking. You don't have your wife go in with you He is an excellent doctor and he gave me excellent care and still does

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

I have a prostate anomaly. Itoku was watching my PSA score. In 6 months it raises almost 14 points (unheard of) and I have no symptoms for a cause of this raise (infection/injury) except cancer.. Doc wants biopsy ASAP. Staff mis handles the scheduling so badly, I begin to wonder if the latest PSA test is accurate. I ask for another PSA test. It comes back almost 14 points lower. GREAT! But, Itoku (through his nurse) just cancels biopsy with out looking into the disparity of test results. Prostate cancer is NO JOKE! I want to know which is the truth? If i hadn't asked for a new PSA test, I would have gotten a painful procedure for no reason. OR, maybe I do have cancer and Itoku isn't interested in finding the cause. BAD MEDICINE! STAY AWAY FROM THIS DOC! I am off to a new urologist. Haven't seen the doc yet, but his nurses think this situation warrants a better look at. BE YOUR OWN HEALTH ADVOCATE!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

RUN AWAY from this urologist!!!! What a horrible physician! How is this man still in practice? He should have had his medical license revoked by now. I went in to see Dr. Itoku to get some information on an elective procedure, and he did not inform me of the high rate of dissatisfaction that results from the procedure based on the peer reviewed research (I found this out after the procedure). He obviously does not care about patients' health, he is more interested in money. He did not discuss the procedure with me much at all prior to the surgery despite my questions, I didn't see him again till I was drugged up and in the operating room months later. He did a horrible job surgically, he basically mutilated me and has caused me a great deal of sexual harm. I could have done a better job than him and I'm not a doctor. When I contacted him about my complications he would not return my calls or respond to my letters. After bugging his office for months I was finally able to get a hold of him and he just said, "all the complications you are having make complete sense, but I just had not thought about it till now. No point in worrying about it now, it's too late to reverse." Do not send yourself or your loved ones to this physician!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Dr. Itoku is a great doctor! Would definitely recommend!

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

The procedure and the doctor was great. What I disliked was that they continually talked to my wife like she was my mom, not to me the one that is the patient. I felt very disrespected. They wanted a signature from my wife to make sure it was OK. I am a grown man I don't need anyone to sign for my actions. If they made a man sign for a women that would be sexes but seance it is the other way around they can expect it. If I would have just lied and said I was single or divorced my experience would have probably been perfect. They are not man friendly if you are married.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

Quick procedure; quick recovery. Overall satisfactory experience. Don't understand where all the negative comments are coming from. My experience was fine.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2014

They kept telling me "he is a good surgeon, so what if he doesn't spend time with you or have bedside manner". I should have listened to my gut. My family died under his care, and even if convinced it were not the Dr.'s fault, the whole experience was horribly unsatisfactory...Ill leave it at that. I think his practice is in over it's carrying capacity. There has to be better options.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

At follow up visit after lithotrispy I had to wait over an hour in the exam room. I could hear him talking and laughing with a patient in the next room. He rushed through my exam and was not helpful answering my questions. He was rude.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2013

This operation sucks. When I got there and signed in. There were already about 8 people signed in to see Itoku. Took me an hour to get back to the exam room where I waited another 30 minutes to see him. He blew in all in a hurry and was supposed to do a biopsy. When I was presented with signing a release of all of the Doctor's responsibility, I told him no thanks and left. I just don't trust a business that is based on moving as many people through as quickly as possible cutting on me. Especially when they want me to say it is okay if the screw up!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2012

I agree with RUN, RUN. Probably very knowledgeable but not at all helpful. On Time because he doesn't want to spend any time talking to you. Very rude and condescending.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

Dr. Kendall A. Itoku's Credentials

• Japanese

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in St. Peters, MO