Ratings for Dr. Owen S. Maat

I was able to go into remission bc of the help I received from Dr Maat.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

Thanks for helping me recover and figure out what was wrong with me. I'm. On the mend

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Fixed my issue and helped me go into remission . Went to several dr and no one was able to help me. I'm so grateful

Submitted April 16, 2016

I have had Dr. Maat as my gastroenterologist for several years. He is always courteous, explains what he finds during procedures, and caring. He has always answered all my questions. I am allergic to many drugs and he has always made sure the anesthesia drugs are the correct ones for me. I appreciate the interest he has shown in my care.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

Dr. Maat is a GREAT doc!!! He's kind, warm, SMART, funny & VERY direct!!! I'm not keen on going to the doctor, but, I'd gladly go back to him. I've referred Dr. Maat to a couple of friends & they've had the same good experiences that I have have. We're lucky to have Dr. Maat in Houston!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

The first time I met him he was informative and helpful, while scheduling a colnoscopy. Then at the hospital we discovered he'd triple booked patients for the same time. The nurse working there agreed that he shouldn't have done this and recommended her GI Dr to me for the future. So I was already really nervous and then was forced to wait over 2.5 hours while he did the other 2 patients. (Even though I was on time.) I've had a bad history of waking up vomiting after procedures with anesthesia, yet he was just listening to his music and not reassuring at all. At the follow up appointment after waiting 30 minutes to be seen, he was in and out in 2 minutes- did not want to answer questions and I felt like I had to pry information out of him about my disorder. Felt so rushed and like I was interfering with his time. I do not think he cares about his patients one bit. Definitely a disappointment and a doctor I will not return to or recommend.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

I called the main office to tell them I was running late - I pulled up into the parking lot 5 minutes late as Dr. Maat was driving away in his black tahoe... thanks guys... you can bet I would have waited 30 minute in the exam room waiting for him... too bad, I really need a GI doc and he came recommended by the surgeon who works with him. Now I must start my search over again.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

Dr. Maat was very nice with small talk, but didnt take the time to explain things to me regarging my symptoms. I felt like I was having to dig to get info about treatment or my problem. I wont go back to this office.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2010

i thought Dr. Maat was fabulous. He has a great bedside manner and is very knowledgeable. He is empathetic and really is interested in my health.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2009

Dr. Owen S. Maat's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 1992)

Pacificare