Ratings for Dr. Ted Findlay

Very poor experience, couldn't be bothered to finish exam once he thought he had my issue figured out. One issue per visit means patients have to triage themselves (which they're not qualified to do) and that the doctor might miss a more serious problem if it's not the one you're talking about. He stopped me speaking during the assessment and said negatively "I think you're looking for a cause for your pain, ,I think you're looking for a cure." - of course I was! He didn't want to order further tests and misrepresented several results to me. Luckily I saw someone else (at the chronic pain centre) from whom I got much better treatment. I ended up getting a procedure which Dr. Findlay recommended against and had a great outcome - my pain dropped about 4 points and I was able to return to work. I would advise getting another opinion if you have him assigned as your doctor, and not taking his statements/diagnosis as fact. Finally, keep looking for help! I had a dramatic improvement in my chronic pain despite being told by Dr. Findlay that my hopes were unreasonable.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

I think this doctor should not be working with chronic pain patients. He has poor people skills and acts like he knows everything even though he is not very helpful. I found much better treatment elsewhere. I wish the Chronic Pain Centre would read these reviews and act accordingly.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

I saw this physician at the chronic pain center. Much of what I experienced has been noted by others, but I'll say my piece anyway. I waited 30 min to be seen. The "2.5 hr assessment" that I waited over two years for was over in 45min. Before I stated my goals, I got a lecture that started with "we can't cure you." He paraphrased me incorrectly numerous times, was aloof and patronizing. He has an air of skepticism that is off putting, and he exhibits minimal compassion or curiosity. I doubt what I had to say mattered much, and I ended up giving up trying to help him help me help myself. Sloppy diagnostic and assessment skills. Very little physical examination - I've had far more through exams by physiotherapists and even massage therapists. Woefully disappointing on all fronts. I wasn't looking for a miracle cure, but I was looking for someone to take a very thorough look at my issues and past treatments, and provide guidance. I didn't need a cold skeptic to try to pick apart my statements and ignore my suffering. The bad news for those of you on the Chronic Pain wait list who are reading this, is that you can't request a different physician if you have been assigned to his treatment team. So, I'd suggest that you do groups and get connected with others at the center before you see him. Have very low expectations going in. Jump through the hoop of seeing him and then find other staff to work with who have more compassion. Keep searching for a pain specialist who can assess you ongoing and provide any medical treatment/medication as required. Build yourself a team who can help, whether therapists, physio, dieticians, etc. Keep trying.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr. Findlay had an arrogance and wafting condescension during my experience under his care. No, a physician does not have to coddle patients, however, patronizing questioning rendered his assessment more damaging to me than good. One must have some sort of rapport with a physician, as you are being asked to share very personal feelings and experiences upon first meeting, which I found very difficult and uncomfortable. It does not matter, for a patient, if he has all the knowledge in the world, if a patient cannot believe that he does have some level of actual concern for their health. Not a good fit for me.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

agree with lady below. if u get him at the pain centre avoid him. he doesn't look at other doctors reports,creates his own diagnosis without a full exam. will not prescribe meds and will take you off med cold turkey. a complete and utter waste of time. if u have the money go private. he's all about the power and not the patient.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2017

Arrogant, not listening, after 30 minutes without any test he puts down what other doctors did and prescribed. Did not even have the data on my files wright Will not see him again

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Disrespectfull.it's all in your head. Doesn't believe or listen to your pain. Basically get another doctor. I agree with everyone's statements .he's not interested

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Dr Findlay has cancelled several appointments, is arrogant and condescending and very unhelpful. I was shocked at his absolute disregard about getting to the bottom of my pain that has been a problem for years. After some terrible injury accidents I could not get him to send me for an MRI or CT Scan. All he was interested in is getting me moving, belittling me about the medication that is working and implying that my pain meds were the reason I was in pain. Unbelievable he is even allowed to practice. If I ran my business like he does and treated customers like they were bothering me I would be living in a cardboard box. If you get a referral to the Pain Clinic avoid him. His assistant Dr was a very nice man who was very engaged but he to was constantly be interrupted by Findlay. What a piece of work!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

A great chronic pain doctor with great experience . Just recommended him to my son

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

I have unfortunately been refferd to this moron called a specialist are you kidding me he was the last to find out walking around kneecap bone one bone frigging moron cut me off my meds there are so many other problems I have he could give anothing not recommended for the worst of the worst he don't deserve to be a chronic pain Dr cant call him nothing but an idiot

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016