Ratings for Dr. Ted Findlay

A great chronic pain doctor with great experience . Just recommended him to my son

flag | Submitted May 30, 2016

I have unfortunately been refferd to this moron called a specialist are you kidding me he was the last to find out walking around kneecap bone one bone frigging moron cut me off my meds there are so many other problems I have he could give anothing not recommended for the worst of the worst he don't deserve to be a chronic pain Dr cant call him nothing but an idiot

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Dr. Findlay is one of the worst doctors I have ever seen. Dr. Findlay cancelled an appointment I had waited almost three months for. Then, he was 40 minutes late for our next appointment. When he got in the room, he looked like he did not want to be there. I was waiting six months to see him, thinking he was a specialist, but I assure you, there was nothing special or pleasant about him. I have experienced severe chronic back and spinal pain after suffering from a spinal fracture. I have had this pain for several years. Only opiate drugs, not any less strong non-opiate pain killers I have tried, have reduced my pain enough for me to function without being in a lot of pain most of the time when I sit, stand or do anything physical. These opiate pills were a last resort and I never wanted to take them initially, knowing of their side effects. But when you have pain like I did and do, it is hard to say no to opiates. During my appointment with Dr. Findlay, he came across as arrogant, cold and distracted. He constantly interrupted everything I said and kept insisting my pain was not as bad as I thought it felt and that it was caused because of my depression and better than normal flexibility, which made no sense. I do not deny that my severe pain does influence my depression, and vice versa, but I know it is connected to my tailbone fracture, as all my pain happened after the fracture and in the general vicinity of the injury. I know my pain is severe since I can barely move when my pain is at its worst. I am flexibile because I have done dance for 10 years, when I was growing up, and also did a lot of Yoga and Pilates in my teens and early twenties. Non-opiate drugs, even strong ones like codene or Tylenol 4s, only bring my pain down from a 10/10 to a 8/10 at most. Dr. Findlay told me drugs like these and pain numbing creams would be just as effective at reducing my pain as the Oxycodene I take. I know from experience this is not true. The Oxycodene works way better than these other non-opiate drugs and numbing creams. Dr. Findlay clearly has no understanding as to how to treat chronic pain like mine or how to be kind, professional and sympathetic. He disrespected me in the appointment because he was minimizing my situation and the severity of my pain. He rushed through the appointment, did not even talk about medication, even when I asked him about it, as the painkillers were becoming less helpful, in terms of pain management. I had hoped for months that Dr. Findlay would be the first doctor to actually care about my pain, and the way it has created a half life for me, but he did not. He never even gave me other options for helping my pain. He told me no further tests for my pain would not show anything without explaining why. He just said to get a back brace and do more physio. I did a ton of physio for two years and had seen more than one physiotherapists, and went to each as many times as I could with my health plan. None of the physiotherapists' advice, nor the excercises they told me to do daily, had helped at all, even when I did the exercise well and on a daily basis. Dr. Findlay knew this. Physio exercises actually increased my pain. Dr. Findlay told me that I should do accupunture and do not have arthritis when two other specialists told me acupuncture would be ineffective for my level of pain and that I, indeed, do have arthritis, which Dr. Findly failed to see from an MRI that I got. Dr. Ted Findlay is incompetent, arrogant, unprofessional, cold, insensitive and rude. Avoid him if you can. All the doctors I have seen about my pain have failed to give me anything but a perscription for pain. None have really given me other alternatives for pain management that have been effective. Hopefully, I can find some which actually do care and give advice that actually helps to reduce my pain.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Dr Findlay could possibly be a reasonable family doctor, but he appears to not care. He is unfriendly and noticeably checks his watch. My husband had annual physicals and over 4 yrs his hemoglobin fell a bit each year, and by year 5 was told for the first time about his blood numbers, and told to "maybe eat more red meat". In a few months he ended up in ER and was diagnosed with leukemia. While Dr Findlay couldn't have prevented the leukemia, had my husband been alerted sooner to falling hemoglobin, a treatment plan could have begun sooner and the time reduced to get the disease under control. We soon found a different doctor- and what a difference a caring doctor makes! To be fair we have a friend who continues to see Dr Findlay and he is basically satisfied.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

I had. One in on a cancellation visit. I must say. It was the most horrible experience of my life! His snack and the clock were way important then me. He made accusations and was very evil and cold. He assumes whatever he wants. And acts like you are wasting his time. If you have any concern for any illness you have.? Please do not see this doctor. Worst ever!!!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Wow, couldn't believe some of these comments. Seen him a few times over 12 years for back and neck problems. He has done wonders for me after only one session or two everything was back to where it should be. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

Acts like you are a pain in his butt. If the appointment isn't rushed and under 5 minutes, he starts looking at the door and tells you to go fix your problems somewhere else. I think he is cold and greedy. Really wants money from the high rates posted on the wall of things he does. I think he even charges for a prescription? If so, that is the ultimate in greedy. If you aren't paying him for extras, he really doesn't want you coming in. His rent must be almost nothing...sharing a house with other doctors. He must be so busy checking and thinking about his bank account that he can't focus on the patients.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

Dr. Ted Findlay is really down to earth and knowledgeable. His manipulative therapy helped me a lot with my chronic pain.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

I actually had to switch doctors, he was not helpful with my chronic condition, and actually prescribed medication that contraindicated my symptoms - and would have made them worse. He was far too happy to just hand out prescriptions instead of listening to the patient, and assessing their needs. I did not want to be medicated, I wanted to find the root of the issue and treat that - not just symptoms.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

Dr. Findlay's incorrect diagnosis and Prolotheraphy treatments have increased my chronic pain and caused new areas of pain that I didn't have before.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012