Ratings for Dr. Hector A. Arango

Dr. Arango is an excellent doctor. My wife was diagnosed with stage 4 Ovarian cancer when he first saw her. Her life was extended by years in no small part due to Dr. Arango's treatment and care. He is a caring, respectful and great doctor. He inspired my wife with confidence and hope during the worst moments of her life. I am ever grateful for everything he did for her.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

I can't say enough positive things about Dr Arango and his staff. He is an excellent doctor and surgeon. His positive, confident, demeanor put me at ease while explaining clearly what the procedure would be and possible outcomes. Thankfully everything turned out well, but from the beginning (last October) I knew he was a physician I could trust literally with my life. Thank you, thank you Dr. Arango. I most certainly recommend him to anyone with ob/gyn oncology needs.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

I just cannot believe these negative reviews. My experience with Dr. Arango has been nothing but positive and a blessing. Dr. Arango took over my care in 2014 when his partner, Dr. Tyler Kirby, moved back to his hometown.. It was at a critical period, just when my cancer recurred in my spine for the first time. It was an easy transition to Dr. Arango's care. He had done the implantation of my port for chemotherapy the year before and had checked on me during hospital rounds after my original hysterectomy. Each morning he would come in to see how I was, if I needed anything, or if I had any questions. Dr. Arango is a very compassionate and caring doctor. In 2014, I'd had to go to the ER because my pain was reaching a level that was not able to be controlled well. It was in the wee hours of a Saturday morning and Dr. Arango was on the phone getting the hospital to admit me so I could be treated quickly, instead of waiting for the staff doctor to get around to me. In May (2015), an MRI revealed a new set of tumors in my spine. Before I was even able to get in to see him, Dr. Arango had already spoken to my Radiation Oncolgist, and had me set up to start treatment. I know that my progress in fighting this disease is helped tremendously by having such a caring physician as Dr. Arango leading the charge in my corner. I would recommend him to anyone that wants to be cared for and treated as though you are the number one patient.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

I scheduled and went to the first visit. No one ever said anything about he would no longer be practicing in Tampa. I received a letter right before my followup on mri's about his move. He spent less than 5 minutes with me giving me my test results. I thank it was highly unprofessional for him to take me as a new patient and then tell me he would not be available in Tampa any longer. I have something wrong. I am in pain and he failed to follow up on it. He just charged insurance an exuberant amount for his visit and moved on. His office staff was nice, but they didn't say word about not being in the Tampa office any longer. He was 45 minutes behind schedule. I don't know his knowledge-he never told me anything--other than if it continues go to this doctor in Tampa--which I am afraid might be like him. He did not help me--he did not address the issue I was trying to tell him about.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Very ugly acting and rude. Does not care about anyone but himself. Would not recommend this man.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

Wonderful doctor who is compassionate and caring as well as knowledgeable and skillful. Listened to my concerns and desired outcome and treated me accordingly. Couldn't have asked for anyone better. Also, I was able to get appointments without having to wait too long. Staff are nice and remember you.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

This doctor has ZERO bedside manner. He is very rude and arrogant, I would not trust this man with anyone I care about. He yelled at me and told me the hospital staff doesn't know what they are talking about although he refuses to take the time to explain my diagnosis. He is a very unpleasant, hateful human being and not the person you want to deal with at such a tough moment in your life. GO TO MOFFITT

flag | Submitted June 3, 2013

Dr. Arango and his entire team are fantastic. During a very difficult time they calm you, make sure you understand what is happening and care most about your well being. I can't give enough praise to the entire office.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

Dr. Arango is your blessing should you need a onco gyno. I was petrified about the entire process but meeting Dr. Arango, who asap knew the best treatment plan for me and was very gentle, professional and respectful during the consultation, gave me all the confidence, assurance and info I needed. His staff follows his lead and is likewise exemplary. Everything went just as Dr. Arango relayed and I'm so grateful!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

When I asked him a question about my condition, he barked "I don't have time to explain it to you!!". So that is why I rated him a "1" on knowledge. His exam was very painful unnecessarily. I would never go back to him because I feel he has anger issues. Would rather go to Dr. Kavorkian because at least he has compassion.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2010

Dr. Hector A. Arango's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Top Hospitals in Clearwater, FL