You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Rajiv D. Desai

Choose Dr.Desai based on his deliverary of my nephew. Through my pregnancy each visit he and his staff were so friendly and got us out quickly. He did make me feel rushed when it came to addressing my concerns. At 29 weeks of pregnancy I began to experience ain similar to that of a UTI. He sent me at my leisure to labs which would not return for the following week. The pain worsened and each time I called I was consoled and told to wait for results..I was not treated during the wait (labs do not run over the weekend so this test which takes 48 hours bow took 96..that's 4 days..). I callthe third night in the worst pain of my life and Dr. Desai assured me I was fine but to go to the hospital to calm my nerves. I got to the hospital at 9:15 and had an emergency c section at 9:57, I had a placental abruption. My son (and I obviously) survived but after 6 months in NICU my son received a g tube and a tracheostomy.I wonder if we choose a different Dr if we would have been treated sooner..

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

he's the greatest iloveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Dr.DESAI

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

Dr. Desai was always very rushed with me and not a good listener. He would ask me the same questions more than once. From the time I had my vitals taken to the time I walked out the door was typically five minutes--that's how quick he was done with me each visit. I always left my appointments with a sense of unease and that my questions had not been fully answered. I would not recommend this doctor at all.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2009

Dr. Desai delivered my two children some years ago. He is quick, but he is very, very thorough. He is a sole practitioner and knows every thing going on with his patients. He cares about women's health and a great deal about babies. I trust his expertise because of his vast amount of experience.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2009

Dr. Desai seemed to be in a big hurry. He was not a good listener and did not respond to questions in a thoughtful way. He gave me an internal ultrasound at 5 weeks for no good reason. He didn't ask me if I wanted it or explain anything about it. He acted like that was standard practice. Only later I found out that to get such an early ultrasound is very unusual. It is recommended that ultrasounds only be used for specific diagnostic purposes (usually at 12 and 20 weeks). I only went to him once.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2007

Dr. Rajiv D. Desai's Credentials

• Seth G S Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1981)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal