Ratings for Dr. Melanie A. Collins

I have been waiting for my appointment foe three weeks and after all i wait about tow hours with the nurse and i couldn't see dr.melanie she was busy

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

As a new patient I wasn't sure what to expect. I had read other reviews, which is why I booked an appointment. The staff is friendly, I didn't wait more than 10 minutes after I got there, the PA came in promptly after I was taken to the exam room. Wendy is such a delight, so informative, friendly and caring. I'm so glad I found them. Can't say that visiting the gynecologist is on my list of fun things to do, but this visit, for being a first visit was really nice. Thanks!

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

I went to see Melanie Collins in July 2013. Everyone that we came in contact with including Dr. Collins was wonderful! We were pregnant but lost our baby at about 8 weeks and everyone handled the situation very well. After we found out our baby had passed away they even made sure that we didnt have to wait in any waiting rooms or walk through hallways with other expectant parents. Even with follow up visits everyone in the office was very sympathetic to our situation. I cant say enough about how impressed my husband and I were with how they handled things in a horrible situation. I am sure they deal with this all the time but for it being our first time to loose a baby it made a huge difference to have people who cared about how you felt in the situation.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

Dr. Collins was and still is my OB/GYN. She delivered both of my children, now 10 and 8. She was very caring and made sure my husband knew how to take care me after the baby, our first, was born. When pregnant with our son she made sure my husband knew to be aware of post-partum due to all the testosterone from my son. I would recommend Dr. Collins and her assistants to anyone. I still use them to this day. She was very helpful during all of my exams by answering all my questions.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2012

After moving from all the best rated doctors in Austin To melanie collins, my seach stopped. I delivered twins and had a highly monitored pregnanacy in which she would go beyond to help.I higly recommend her to all.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009

Dr. Collins has a wonderful bedside mannor and helped guide me through all the decisions one makes in a pregnancy.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2008

She's been my ob-gyn for years, i like the office, nurses are knowledgeable and courteous.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

Dr. Collins was my dr for my first pregnancy (when I lived in Austin.) She spent extra time with me to decide which tests I needed or didn't need and made sure the ultrasound tech searched for everything I was concerned about. When, at 34 months, she noted that I was always measuring ahead, she scheduled me for a follow-up ultrasound at 36 months. We found out that my son was growing very quickly (needless to say, I was frightened.) She worked with me to determine the best course. She made a recommendation, but left it up to me. I eventually decided on a scheduled c-section. (By the way, her surgical skills are great - I hardly have a scar.) My son, born at 38.5 weeks, had a head so big that none of the caps fit on him -- I have no regrets. When she saw I wasn't feeling so great, she fought my insurance to keep me in the hospital longer for recovery. It made a big difference. The main thing about doctors is communication -- tell her your concerns and she'll work with you.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2007

I went to the Renaissance Women's Group for my last pregnancy. I was shocked to be pregnant again, but happy. The staff and nurses were pretty friendly, but didn't really give me any detailed information on the complications that can occur during pregnancy especially chromosomal disorders. Their prenatal diagnosis doctor, Byron Darby didn't give me any information at all on chromosomal disorders. Due to the unexpectedness of the pregnancy I didn't do enough reading and research on time and I ended up having a son with mosaic Klinefelter's syndrome. I had to deliver by C-section as his heartrate was going down with the contractions I was starting to have(1 and a half months early) and because my blood pressure was starting to become dangerously high. He only weighed 2 pounds 14 ounces at birth and seems to have some other problems like dwarfism and mental retardation also. Go to marchofdimes.com and click on chromosomal disorders so this doesn't happen to you!!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2007

Dr. Melanie A. Collins's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1991)