Ratings for Dr. Mrudula S. Shukla

Delivered my son ten years ago,hurried up delivery and scarred my baby with scalpel marks on forehead and vacuumed him.out in haste. He is now developmentally delayed and struggling everyday,will never forgive her for thid

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

I think Dr. Shukla and her staff are wonderful. They have all always been very helpful and take th time to talk and explain things to me.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

Never, ever go to Dr. Shukla. She is by far the worst OB/GYN I have ever been to. I was going to a doctor for a check up for the first time. She yelled at me and accused me of being pregnant even before she did the check up. I was nervous because I had never had a speculum inside me and because of that she began to accuse me. The insertion of the speculum was tremendous pain - i made her stop half way by moving away. However, before I could move away she was trying to hold me down. I cried and moved away Instead of alleviating my fears or explaining to the procedure to me, she just blindly started to do it. I have been to other doctors after and have felt no pain and there was such care and ease. She continued to scold me and ask me why I wanted a check up when I was so young. (I was 21, not young, long overdue, but was just scared to get one!) I was recommended to go to her by my mom, because that is her doctor. Neither she nor I go to her anymore. Stay way.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

I saw Dr. Shukla in Ridgewood after the practice was recommended by a coworker. It's been about 6 years since I've been for a checkup. The nurse asked me what I was there for, after already telling her it's been 6 years since my last check. Then when the dr. came in she didn't bother to look at any of the paperwork I filled out, so she acted like she made a great discovery that I'm diabetic, which was on the paperwork. So she proceeded to do the pap smear. OMG - I thought i was going to see stars. I've had 3 done in my lifetime and this was by far the worst. I was still bleeding the next day. There was no need to rush the way she did. I also believe that due to her age she's a little behind on new medical technology as she didn't know what an insulin pump was. I would highly recommend finding someone willing to spend more time with the patient and up to date on 21st century medicine.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

I have been with this doctor for 21 years, two births and checkups. She is a wonderful caring doctor and I wouldn't change a thing about her

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

I have been seening Doc Shukla for last 3 years.She deliverd my 1st baby.But i had to switch my service - she seems to be getting rude and unpleasent bedside manners.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2010

I would not go to Dr. Shukla if I had another chance. Rude like other people said, not at all what you need when you are in labor. Definitely does Csections for convinience. Was even rude and impetient at the operating table poking me with a scalpel even as the anasthesiologist asked her to wait. Ouch! Would never want to see her again in my life.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2009

Doctor was recommended by my sister. I was Pregnant. My only complaint is I was 6 months pregnant when I was told I needed to find someone else to deliver my baby. She was no longer delivering babies due to the other doctor in the pratice retiring. The cut off for deliveries was February. My baby was due in March, but came early in February. I find it hard to believe they didnt know the other doctor was retiring when I started going there. The staff was nice & always took the time to explain or help me. Doctor Shukla was helpful also. I have not returned to the office & continue to see the person I ws transfered to.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2009

i was automatically switched over to shukla after vinod retired and didn't transfer my files over to kamal as a letter in the mail said they would. regardless, shukla was abrupt and the pelvic exam was jarring. no gentle nature, no warning about when the speculum would go in, etc. she then told me to come to her office and wrote me a presciption. i had to ask what it was even for. no bedside manner whatsoever and is arrogant!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2008

Thanks to Dr. Shukla and her misdiagnosis of an ectopic pregnancy, not only did I almost hemmorage to death under her care, but I cannot have children due to her botched emergency surgery which created a great deal of scar tissue and has also left me deformed. If not for my sister who thought my symptoms were indicative of an ectopic pregnancy and not a "spontaneous miscarriage" as Dr. Shukla thought, I could have hemmoraged to death.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2008

Dr. Mrudula S. Shukla's Credentials

• Seth G S Med Coll, Univ Of Bombay, Bombay, Maharashtra, India (Grad. 1965)