Ratings for Dr. Matthew E. Karen

Best decision that I ever made so far and I felt comfortable. The Doctor and his Staffs were so friendly and patient., overall I am happy with the result.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2018

Botox has removed years of stress from an abusive relationship from my face. It is nice to see the happiness of my life reflected in the mirror instead of sadness and fear.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018

I am very pleased with the results of my procedures and the staff is very pleasant and helpful.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2018

With this procedure, I have never been disappointed in the results. I am always pleased with the results. The staff is always very friendly, professional and are able to answer any questions I may have.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2018

This person IS NOT board certified in cosmetic surgery. Go look for yourself! His website is misleading. Please go somewhere else. I wish I had. This is without question the shadiest doctor i’ve Ever been to and I hope his dishonesty catches up to him soon. Bad person and cruel staff.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Dr. Matthew E. Karen

Dr. Matthew E. Karen's response
Having practiced ENT for the last 19 years, Dr. Karen is Board Certified in ENT and Board Certified in facial plastic surgery. Those two boards are what are known as ABMS boards. ABMS means the American Board of Medical Specialties. Meaning they are the REAL boards recognized by the state licensing agencies. In contrast, the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery is NOT recognized by ABMS. That also means medical licensing boards do not recognize it as a separate specialty. Its criteria are less stringent. Even an ob-gyn can qualify to be board certified by American Board of Cosmetic Surgery. Further, the training for ENT training is 5 years with in-depth experience with facial surgery. This is many more years than cosmetic surgery training. This is more facial surgery training than even plastic surgery. Even more, Dr. Karen did extra training in facial plastic surgery after completing an ENT residency to develop even more expertise. Patients should feel comfortable “trusting their face” with doctors who are ABMS board certified in facial plastic surgery, such as Dr. Karen. There is no other specialty that has the same depth of training for facial surgery.

Submitted June 14, 2018

Everyone at Dr.Karen's office is friendly, educated in the field and always give a welcome feeling. I will continue to recommend this place to friends and family!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

Dr. Karen is one of the best doctors I have had the pleasure to meet. I saw him for a redo rhinoplasty and was very pleased with the results. The staff is fantastic and would recommend him very highly.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018

Dr. Karen is very professional and enjoyable to work with, I have been very pleased with the treatments I have received. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Don't trust this facility or the person who runs it! I was lied to and cheated out of my $. Contacting the BBB! Staff and doctor didn't care that I was left disfigured and in pain. Grabbed my credit card every opportunity they could. Was bizarre! Didn't care about me at all. Bad people!!! Buyer beware!!!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

Dr. Matthew E. Karen

Dr. Matthew E. Karen's response
I am unable to identify a patient of record that voiced these concerns. However, please reach out to me as soon as possible as I am concerned to read these comments. I would never leave a patient in pain or dissatisfied with results if I know it to be the case. In the meantime, I send my best wishes.

Submitted March 19, 2018

I am very happy with the results of my surgery. It was exactly what I had hoped for. The staff here in the office have been very thorough and accommodating.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

Dr. Matthew E. Karen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1993)

Top Hospitals in Winchester, VA