Ratings for Dr. Alan H. Rohrer

I became a patient of Dr. Rohers in 2009, and have been in his care ever since. Is a thorough, caring Doctor, that goes above and beyond his practice. A very kind man as well.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr. Alan Rohrer is a compassionate, efficient, very well-experienced and highly educated physician. We had him as our Family Physician for more than ten years and we found him to be a doctor who looks into the root of our complaints about our illnesses, analyzes the situation intensively, discusses the nature of the illness, and administers the necessary medications. Dr. Rohrer explains the composition of the medication and explains the possible effects of taking the medication. He is always available to his patients for after care.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I've always had to wait to be seen by the Dr. When the Dr. and staff spend more time looking at the computer screen than you, there is a problem. It's time to hire a scribe. Getting refills of maintenance medicines has been problematic.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr. Rohrer is an excellent physician who listens and cares about his patients. We are fortunate to have a physician of this calibre in the area.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

Dr. Rohor has seen my very disabled child and me for the last 8+ years. I could write a book regarding poor medical care. Dr. Rohor is a breath of fresh air. He is extremely up to date in new medical information and medications. Always concerned with results. We are very lucky to have found him.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

To be truthful, I really can't judge Dr. Rohrer because I never actually saw him except passing in the hallway at his office. Over a period of time I made 4 appointments with Dr. Rohrer mainly in regard to blood pressure and cholesterol concerns. I also wanted a new primary care physician after moving to the Frederick area. I never once met the "real" doctor and always had a P.A. instead. I told the office staff prior to the 4th visit I wanted to have my appointment with Dr. Rohrer and evidently it fell on deaf ears since once again I saw the P.A. The P.A. was nice and seemed caring, but if I wanted that type of appointment I could have simply met with a friend of mine who is a registered nurse. I gave up and will not make an appointment with him again.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

My husband and I were patients for 5 years. I rated Dr. Rohrer the way I did based on this history. I should have sought another physician years ago. Dr. Rohrer has often been an abrupt and rude physician and has made me feel that I can not ask questions, often intimidated by his actions/words. He is not thorough as I found out after the death of my husband and recent review of my own records I obtained after my own hospitalization. I, of course, no longer use this physician and would not recommend him. I have always found his staff rather nice and his PA, a concerned, and dedicated staff member.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2012

Dr Rohrer is a thoughtful and concerned physician. His medical support PA's are good, and relate well with patients. His office staff seems "burdened" and are somewhat short with patients. The doctor himself is EXTREMELY slow, and if you're scheduled to see him as opposed to one of the PA's, you'd better be prepared to WAIT, a LONG time.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2011

Dr. Rohrer is OK but has an extremely rude,uncaring, and disorganized office staff. The wait time is ridiculously long -- I've waited over an hour and had to eventually leave without being seen. I'm looking for a new PCP.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2011

This man is a fabulous and knowledgeable doctor. We feel lucky to have found him.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

Dr. Alan H. Rohrer's Credentials

• Hahnemann Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19102 (Grad. 1980)