Ratings for Dr. Barton G. Williams

One of the worst I've ever met. Rude to the core. Explains nothing.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

It is with my deepest.regret that I must say Dr Williams is by far one of the worst physicians I've come across in my life. He has absolutely no compassion for anyone and his prejudice bleeds through his pores.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

Staff is not the best but Dr. Williams is phenomenal. Both my husband and I see him and agree that he actually cares about his patients. He looks at you while you are speaking and listens. I never feel rushed. He has detected my hyperthyroidism and has offered treatments that other doctors never mentioned. EXCELLENT :)

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014

Dr Bart is the best doctor I have ever been to. He has a vast store of knowledge, takes time to understand the problem, and searches diligently for anwers. He absolutely cares about his patients as PEOPLE! Can no find enough good to say about this man. He saved my life by requesting a stress test when my own cardiologist said my chest pain was in my head. You will find NO better doctor of any kind. And as an added bonus, he has a great staff and medical partner too.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

The office was extremely busy this day and my wait time was lengthy. Dr Williams was attentative while listening to my story as to how I received the lower back injury,I was prescribed a muscle relaxer and sent on my way. Dr. Williams did mention if this does not help call me tomorrow for something different. The following day I needed to call because I was still in pain, it was after 3 pm, all messages after 3 aren't returned till the following business day, so come the next day 9 am the calls begin, left 2 messages that were not returned and now we are going on 3 pm again, so I call back using every option available until I get someone, I explain my situation, he speaks with the Dr and tells me to stop taking what I am on a new script will be sent in. I asked what it was and was told I dont know, I can never read the Dr's writing. UM OK!This was 2:30 in the afternoon as of 6pm still no meds.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2013

I agree with the previous reviews. The wait time can be troubling, especially when you are not feeling well. What makes up for that is Dr. Williams level of care and concern for his patients. He met us at the hospital at 9pm on a Sunday to help admit our 2yo son due to a very high fever. My only concern is the staff, especially at teh front desk. They seem to come off like they are always busy and you are bothering them to even ask a question. I'm not even going to address the phone call etiquette of the staff (I rather go in to ask then call). I understand they are busy, but this is a patient driven business so try to be nice.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2010

The admin staff at this office it TERRIBLE. It's a shame because Dr. Williams is actually a pretty nice guy and a decent doctor. The nurses all seem fairly new to the field too and and very green (which makes me very nervous (had one take my blood pressure 3 times because she could not remember the bottom number). Getting refills from Dr. Williams is like applying for a loan. You can't call them, you have to call your pharmacy, which then contacts the Dr., and then the Dr. will tell the pharmacy whether or not you can get a refill. I also had a nurse leave me a message about some Thyroid test results and left me a message saying I had a hypo-active thyroid. When I called her back and asked her what this was, she said she didn't know, and told me that I had to come in to get the test results because she couldn't give them to me over the phone anyway. I didn't get charged for the visit, but I still had to take time off work for this. I'm switching doctors.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2009

Dr. Williams is very nice- very good bed-side manor. His staff (mainly the women in the office) are NOT friendly at all. They slam the phone down when people call in and make faces- VERY inmature and unprofessional (I wonder if they did this when I called in???). Their front office looks like a hurricane hit it (patient records EVERYWHERE)- maybe this is why thay have a standard waiting time of 2 business days for them to process a refill request. The past two appointments I have had have been for early in the morning (8:30 AM) and each time, I waited OVER an hour to even be placed into an examination room. When I mentioned this to the office staff, they were completely unapologetic. Dr. Williams is very nice, but I may change doctors just to avoid dealing with his staff.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2008

This doctor cares very much about his patients. He is willing to work with a patient in dealing with his/her care rather than insisting that a patient only does it his way. He will listen, no matter how busy he is. This makes for sometimes longer waits, but one doesn't mind because s/he knows that when it is his/her turn, s/he will get time that is needed with the doctor to discuss the problem and the treatment. If something doesn't work he will work with you until the problem is solved. Dr. Williams is knowledgeable about drugs, new and old, and will work with the patient as far as medications goes to ease the monetary burden for the patient. We feel very fortunate to have found such a caring, personable doctor with a good knowledge base. He always greets you with a smile and a handshake.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2007

Don't get comfortable when you sit down on the overly ornamental couch in his office... He's NOT gonna more than 7 POSSIBLY 10 minutes w/you and I am being treated FOR ADDICTION... Also, Paid 135 for the reqired program psychiatrist who turns out to be a SOCIAL WORKER ONLY. I also had to pay $70 to attend a group meeting w/ other addicts... I PAID TO GO TO A GROUP MEETING !?!? It was no more hlpful than the thousands of free AA, and NA groups in your town. I drove over 100 miles to see these people and was misled gravely over the phone about my treatment. I am suicidal with harsh dpression following a dozen concussions, YES 12 ! Yet we have not addressed my mental state since I began 2 months ago... If you need help just be sure what the doc is offerring and that it is REALLY what they say it is.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2007

Dr. Barton G. Williams's Credentials

• North Carolina Medical School (Grad. 1989)

• Aetna Hmo
  • Humana Health Care Plan
  • Humana Medicare
  • Humana PPO
  • Medicare (General)
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
Secure Horizons