Ratings for Dr. Brian Leonard

simply the best ,he is a GOD send ,thank you Dr. Leonard for being the person you are...

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Dr Leonard is a compassionate and compatent doctor. He has been very helpful in diagnosing my son's Stargardt's in 2012 and continues to monitor him closely. He has a great way of explaining things to kids.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Excellent specialistI had a detached retina that he repaired.Got most of my vision back>Very professional that is kind and compassionate.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

Dr Leonard is very knowledgeable. I had almost lost vision is my left eye, I now have partial vision Thanks to him. He's simply the best, very good matters, very understandable, and if your lucky to have him as your eue doctor…count your blessings.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Completely at ease and confident in his abilities and knowledge. All his patients are special to him and it shows in his care. I feel blessed to have him as the guy who keeps my eyes functioning.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Dr. Leonard is the kindest and most soft spoken individual who explains every step of the procedure . In my case it was to repair a macular hole. Made me feel so at ease that I did not worry at all. Had total confidence in him and all went well. As to the person who wrote that he was abusive and threatened her. Surely she is confused and did not see the same doctor but as another wrote, he is an eye surgeon and not a mental health specialist. MLandreville

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I had rated this dangerous and violent doctor a few years ago in 2012, but my post is gone. Dr. Brian Leonard is an abusive, sick person who should not be in contact with the public. He threatened my life because he claimed that I did not smile at him when he entered the room. I was there with a retinal detachment and this psychotic man expected me to be all smiles, especially, when I had been waiting to be seen for approximately 8 hours in the clinic! I complained to the Eye Institute as well as to the Ottawa Police, and to the College of physicians of Ontario about his criminal behaviour and the only written apology I received was from his supervisor, yet the College simply discarded my claim, and although the Ottawa Police officers were very supportive of me and quite empathetic, they stated that this psychotic behaviour is very common amongst the elderly doctors such as Brian Leonard, and so not to take it personally. Of course, they added that I should inform them if he ever threatened me of my family again, which is why I am sharing my experience in case there are other victims out there who would like to come forwards and also to prevent other vulnerable patients from his abuse.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

By far one of the most helpful, competent and kind person I've ever met in my life. Such an incredible doctor and person. I highly recommend him. I was lucky to have him as a doctor!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

He did my detachment in 1979 still going strong .

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Top notch practitioner, all around great human being. He and his wonderful wife and assistant Patty have met us for 2 emergencies in their clinic at all hours of the night when my local Ophthalmologist in North Bay (4 hours from Ottawa) could not give a s**t whether I lost my sight or not. He is an Angel among us.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016