Ratings for Dr. Brian Leonard

By far one of the most helpful, competent and kind person I've ever met in my life. Such an incredible doctor and person. I highly recommend him. I was lucky to have him as a doctor!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

He did my detachment in 1979 still going strong .

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Top notch practitioner, all around great human being. He and his wonderful wife and assistant Patty have met us for 2 emergencies in their clinic at all hours of the night when my local Ophthalmologist in North Bay (4 hours from Ottawa) could not give a s**t whether I lost my sight or not. He is an Angel among us.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Has taken care of me since 1974. His touch is gentle (like no other Dr.) Makes you understand the process he will do and then you are in good hands at this institute. I also wore glasses for 47 years but because of a cataract I now have a inocular lens in my eye and boy can I see my golf ball now thank you Dr Minsoulos. 10/10+++

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Dr. Leonard is the best doctor I have ever dealt with. I am currently receiving an injection in my left eye to combat Macular Degeneration. He is always polite , professional, courteous, attentive and knowledgeable beyond words. His staff are always friendly and helpful. I was visibly unsure of the course of treatment, but he took the time to explain what was happening, and how the treatment could slow down - and maybe even improve my vision. His re-assurance made me feel much better, and almost a year later( and injections every six weeks) my vision has improved. I cannot thank him enough for his cander, his fantastic bedside manner and his genuine care for his patients.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

Dr Leonard and his staff are there to fix your eye problems not your mental health problems. They have no time to smother you with love and minoucheries "affections". If you can't take that, well stay away. There's thousands more that will take your place and appreciate them. Denis Roy

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Had the privilege of seeing Dr. Leonard following my assessment at the Eye Institute. Dr. Mitsioulis informed me that I needed to see a Retina specialist and personally escorted me to Dr. Leonard's office. Dr. L was on his way to OR and yet took the time to see me immediately and explained the required procedure - a vitrectomy for a macular hole repair in detail including post-op requirements. Dr. Leonard is a very kind and soft spoken individual who genuinely cares about his patients and their well-being. I am not apprehensive about the procedure knowing he is performing the surgery. Lucky to have him at our hospital.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

This is an amazing dedicated doctor. He fixed my macular hole and has such a wonderful bedside manner. You are lucky to have him as your doctor. I can not praise him enough. He deserves a medal.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

Dr Leonard is not only an exceptional Dr but also a very fine man..I know of which I speak as I was a nurse all my life and had contact with many.The Ottawa Eye Institute is a wonderful place and great staff..went there Xmas morning and met Dr.Leonard..so kind and compassionate and he made the diagnosis of WMD so much easier to take as I am already blind in one eye from a previous episode of WMD in NS.Had injection of avastin and now getting Lucentis..eyesight has improved from 20/40 to 20/25 so forever grateful to Dr Leonard and all the staff...I recieved immediate and very competent care and at 80 yrs of age on Xmas morning from an extremely competent Dr Leonard.Thank you Dr...so important to me at this stage of my life..I fear blindness and you made a bad situation so much better.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

Dr.Leonard walks on water. He had the patience to test my eyes over a 10 month period using the most advanced testing techniques. My fear was not unfounded. Retinal damage was caused by drug toxicity which another ophthalmologist dismissed since blindness is a RARE side effect. Dr. L assured me that the condition would not worsen since quitting the drug. Thank you Dr. Leonard

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013