Ratings for Dr. Brian Leonard

Completely at ease and confident in his abilities and knowledge. All his patients are special to him and it shows in his care. I feel blessed to have him as the guy who keeps my eyes functioning.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Dr. Leonard is the kindest and most soft spoken individual who explains every step of the procedure . In my case it was to repair a macular hole. Made me feel so at ease that I did not worry at all. Had total confidence in him and all went well. As to the person who wrote that he was abusive and threatened her. Surely she is confused and did not see the same doctor but as another wrote, he is an eye surgeon and not a mental health specialist. MLandreville

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

I had rated this dangerous and violent doctor a few years ago in 2012, but my post is gone. Dr. Brian Leonard is an abusive, sick person who should not be in contact with the public. He threatened my life because he claimed that I did not smile at him when he entered the room. I was there with a retinal detachment and this psychotic man expected me to be all smiles, especially, when I had been waiting to be seen for approximately 8 hours in the clinic! I complained to the Eye Institute as well as to the Ottawa Police, and to the College of physicians of Ontario about his criminal behaviour and the only written apology I received was from his supervisor, yet the College simply discarded my claim, and although the Ottawa Police officers were very supportive of me and quite empathetic, they stated that this psychotic behaviour is very common amongst the elderly doctors such as Brian Leonard, and so not to take it personally. Of course, they added that I should inform them if he ever threatened me of my family again, which is why I am sharing my experience in case there are other victims out there who would like to come forwards and also to prevent other vulnerable patients from his abuse.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2016

By far one of the most helpful, competent and kind person I've ever met in my life. Such an incredible doctor and person. I highly recommend him. I was lucky to have him as a doctor!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

He did my detachment in 1979 still going strong .

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Top notch practitioner, all around great human being. He and his wonderful wife and assistant Patty have met us for 2 emergencies in their clinic at all hours of the night when my local Ophthalmologist in North Bay (4 hours from Ottawa) could not give a s**t whether I lost my sight or not. He is an Angel among us.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Has taken care of me since 1974. His touch is gentle (like no other Dr.) Makes you understand the process he will do and then you are in good hands at this institute. I also wore glasses for 47 years but because of a cataract I now have a inocular lens in my eye and boy can I see my golf ball now thank you Dr Minsoulos. 10/10+++

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Dr. Leonard is the best doctor I have ever dealt with. I am currently receiving an injection in my left eye to combat Macular Degeneration. He is always polite , professional, courteous, attentive and knowledgeable beyond words. His staff are always friendly and helpful. I was visibly unsure of the course of treatment, but he took the time to explain what was happening, and how the treatment could slow down - and maybe even improve my vision. His re-assurance made me feel much better, and almost a year later( and injections every six weeks) my vision has improved. I cannot thank him enough for his cander, his fantastic bedside manner and his genuine care for his patients.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2015

Dr Leonard and his staff are there to fix your eye problems not your mental health problems. They have no time to smother you with love and minoucheries "affections". If you can't take that, well stay away. There's thousands more that will take your place and appreciate them. Denis Roy

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Had the privilege of seeing Dr. Leonard following my assessment at the Eye Institute. Dr. Mitsioulis informed me that I needed to see a Retina specialist and personally escorted me to Dr. Leonard's office. Dr. L was on his way to OR and yet took the time to see me immediately and explained the required procedure - a vitrectomy for a macular hole repair in detail including post-op requirements. Dr. Leonard is a very kind and soft spoken individual who genuinely cares about his patients and their well-being. I am not apprehensive about the procedure knowing he is performing the surgery. Lucky to have him at our hospital.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014