Ratings for Dr. Jay R. Knuths

I found Dr. Knuths to be odd from my first visit with him. He kept talking about subjects that did not pertain to me or my situation. After being his patient for 2 years and having regular visits, nothing changed. I found he knew nothing about me after 2 years. He is very against medications of any type and believes exercise is a cure all. I have been going to the gym regularly (4 - 6 times per week) for over 5 years, take my dog for daily walks, plus care for my home and small children - yet he thinks if I exercise more all will be solved. Actually, in 2 years he's never examined me. He's never tested range of motion, strength, reflexes, etc. Never looked in my ears or down my throat. Never gave me a physical even though I need one. He is just plain rude and not doing his job. I think he'd be ok if you rarely need a doctor. But if you have any medical issue at all, be wary. Funny - I agree with everyone else that nurse Laurel is an amazing person!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr. Knuths is not in tune with his patient. He does not have a caring manner but more of an attitude rudeness and is not concerned enough to check into the reason why a medical situation is happening. His nurse Laurel is awesome.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Dr. Knuths doesn't listen to the patient. If he feels you are wasting his time, he gives a prescription and moves on. Seems to me he's just following protocall, and biding his time until retirement. His nurse Laurel is GREAT.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

Dr. Knuths came highly recommended by close friends. I have visited him a few times and I always found him to be highly intelligent and responsive to my concerns. He was more laid back and knew his job very well. I had some experience with him working with my other doctors and that went smoothly. I am not sure what type of interaction the other poster had, but mine have been very good. He does not act rushed. Not very punctual, but then again, after working in the industry, that is by design and usually not entirely the doctor's fault.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Knuths is probably a decent doctor, but he lacks compassion and is not very inclined to cooperate with your other physicians. He also resists giving referrals. He refers to himself as "abrasive", but I call it "abusive". His nurse, Laurel, is outstanding, however.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2007

Dr. Jay R. Knuths's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1985)

MSP/BC Med