Ratings for Dr. Douglas A. Lampkin

i have been a patient of dr lampkin for 17 yrs. he is a wonderful, compassionate, knowledgeable doctor. he and his staff have gone out of their way to help me. I cant thank them enough. dr lampkin is terrific!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

This jackass just abandon his patient who was dialated to 8 cm after 4 hours because she and her husband expressed a desire to not be induced... Such an unprofessional Dr. This should have all been covered prior to this point and should not have been a surprise at all! After reading several of these reviews it's really not a surprise. What a scumbag

flag | Submitted February 6, 2015

I'm so sorry that some people have such a low opinion! I have been with Dr. Lampkin for over 18 years now... working with us through the difficulties of getting pregnant in the first place, he has delivered all 3 of my beautiful children.... with a loving, kind and truly caring heart!! I have felt comfortable with him from the beginning and my husband didn't miss one visit during all 3 pregnancies. He and Dr. Lampkin had a great relationship as well. He has always been open, honest, and to the point. His staff have always been warm, easy to work with and caring. I would recommend him in a heartbeat! Thank You Dr. Lampkin!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

Dr. Lampshade is a pathetic joke. He was on call for Hatton (my fiancé's OBGYN) and made nothing short of a complete jackass of himself. I had an electronic cigarette on my person when he walked through the door and before he even introduced himself he threw out accusations that I was smoking marijuana in the room! His ignorance to technology and his complete lack of care and sympathy for the situation of our first newborn in general were absolutely amazing. I've never been so insulted in my life. Furthermore, when I went outside to address the situation with him, he calls security. According to everyone I spoke with after the fact, he is considered a complete joke to the staff. This man should be stripped of his title, and his clothes for that matter, and made to run backwards through a cornfield. For God's sake someone please do this dog a favor and put him down.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2014

I read through some of these about Dr. Lampkin and I completely disagree. First - he doesn't care what kind of delivery you want to do. He will let you decide. He doesn't persuade either way, he just tells you how it is. I never felt any sort of pressure to deliver my kids how he wanted, he always did what I wanted. I don't think he is judgmental either, as I don't think he cares how the baby got in you, just that hes the one responsible for you getting it out safely. But anyway, he's great. I recommend him to everyone. He is funny and his staff is always there to help. LOVE Dr. Lampkin, wouldn't go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Staff is super friendly and is always there to help! Dr. Lampkin delivered my first baby and will deliver my second. He is thorough, listens to his patients and takes time to explain whatever you need explained. He's actually pretty funny which is calming when you are in labor!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2013

I feel like the last comment, given on 5/30 was taken a little far. Dr. Lampkin is a great OBGYN. I am originally from Houston where there a tons of choices for healthcare, this is my third gyno and I finally feel comfortable and like we have an understanding. Lampkin's office and staff are both very nice, his staff is great at relaying info! Huge bonus! My first visit was maybe a 10-15 minute wait, whereas this last visit I waited over an hour and a half... HOWEVER, this is because he sweet nurse squeezed me in for a next-day appointment so I could have my IUD placed. He is my first male gyno and I have never been so comfortable. Give Lamkin a try, ask him anything and don't be shy as he can be quite humorous.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

I am not one to get on these boards and write reviews but I feel very strong about doing this and letting others know about my experience with Dr. Lampkin who was the on call Dr for my OB who was out of town. I was having a natural birth and apparently he thinks women aren't capable, healthy or strong enough to do such a thing! He didnt honor me as a woman and during my exam he swept my membranes w/out telling me and made me feel so vulnerable. He is the kind of Dr that makes a woman feel like she is health risk who wasn't made to deliver babies rather than a powerful creation of God who was made to not only create a life but also deliver it! He is the reason women have no confidence in there bodies and what they were made to do! I stood up for myself, fired him and used an attending Dr (Dr. Yeomans) @UMC who looked at me as powerful goddess, he honored me and LOVED that I was doing a natural birth! Women, if you want to know what you are truly capable of DO NOT go to Dr. Lampkin.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012

He is a wonderful man and the staff is amazing.I recommend him to all my friends and family.Thank you for delivering my sweet little girl

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

Dr. Douglas A. Lampkin's Credentials

• Med Coll Of Wi, Milwaukee Wi 53226 (Grad. 1992)

• Blue Cross Of California