Ratings for Dr. Darrell Palmer

We have been very fortunate to have Dr Palmer as our kids doctor. He is very attentive to your concerns and very thorough. Paying particular attention to prior medical and family history. Yes, he looks at his laptop, but it's to look at his notes from prior visits. He is an amazing doctor. Several times he has called us at home to follow up or just to reassure us. I've never felt rushed. Yes, you may have to wait sometimes, but it could be due to the fact that he is being very attentive to the child he is caring for. The same as he will do for your child. Consider yourself lucky if you can have Dr Palmer as your child's doctor. My only regret is that as he is a pediatrician my kids will have to find a new doctor later on.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2015

We have had one or more of our kids in his care for 17 years. I would recommend him to anyone. He is patient and thorough, and sometimes you might wait because of it. That said, you will know that your child has received a complete exam. Our kids have very complicated health conditions and I appreciate that he uses his laptop to go back and review what has happened over the years, med reactions, test results etc.. He is not blindly asking Dr Google for answers! My feeling is he genuinely cares about his patients and respects the opinion of the parents. I'm a fan!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Terrible staff. Always 1/2 hour or more of a wait. Bedside manner brutal.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

Dr. Palmer was excellent with our family, very accommodating and helpful. I had been waiting for my child to be diagnosed for a while and after taking his time and examining all the information available to him he helped us making an informed decision that will change my child's future. I wish there were more Dr. Palmer's in Calgary and in Canada.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

Dr Palmer was my Doctor when I was young and he was wonderful! I wasn't scared to see him (as seeing a doctor as a child can be) and he always made me feel important. He correctly diagnosed me and treated my health problems effectively. Very kind and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

Very thorough and very knowledgeable. Feel very blessed to have him as our pediatrician. Uses his laptop to take notes and write Rx. Very effective.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2014

He is a fantastic doctor for our twins!!! He takes his time, is thorough and does his job well like all doctors should.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2013

I would highly recommend Dr Palmer. He is patient and kind. He always listens to my concerns and answers my questions about my children. He is very careful and thorough with his diagnosis and recommendations. His staff are friendly and there is almost always a human answering the phone. My son loves going to see him and talks about him all the time. Most importantly, he understands what it's like to be a parent.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

Uses his laptop to take notes and write prescriptions! I wish all doctors did.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Dr. Palmer has been our 13 year old son's pediatrician since he was an infant. He is knowledgeable, thoughtful and attentive. We recommend him without hesitation.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011