Ratings for Dr. B. Keith Calhoun

When I first arrived in Louisiana over a decade ago, the only friend we knew in the area was the head nurse of a local hospital. When we asked her which family doctor we should get, she said that Dr. Calhoun was at the top of the list for being the BEST doctor in the field of family health care. Over the years, he has been EXCELLENT in every professional way. I take exception to a comment below that implied that a response was slow. My experience has always been that of careful consideration and excellent follow-through. When a couple of things happened to me and to my wife that required specialized care, he referred us immediately to great specialists. I noticed that other doctors, nurses, and staff regard him very highly... as I do. If there is any justified criticism, it would be that this man works himself a little too hard. I consider myself fortunate for me and my family to have found a physician that we trust completely. That trust is well-founded.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

I've been seen dr. Calhoun for a few years now. He is extremely well-mannered and concern for the patient. However, anything that is beyond your typical illnesses doesn't get addressed. I'll have to look for another doctor sadly because I need answers that I'm not getting. Currently I've been waiting for over a week for the nurse to call me back after she said she would speak with Dr. Calhoun. After some initial blood tests came back normal, she said that there wasnothing more for me to do and that nothing was wrong with me even though something was very wrong with me as I have been sick for over 2 weeks. All in all I really liked Dr. Calhoun but I think I need to get a new physician.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Nice guy, anything other than a cold, not much help. Most of the staff are great and friendly, the one exception is so rude and so lacking in empathy I am changing to another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

I love this doctor and his staff. My only complaint is I wish they would change their recording. It says open till 5 but they stop answering phone at 4. And they don't change it when closed for vacation. Would be helpful if they would. Otherwise I love these guys!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2014

Dr. Calhoun is very personable and friendly. the wait was a bit longer than I expected but because the office is so pleasant, it was more than tolerable. I will be going back!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

great doctor, great location, friendly staff, clean and new office. Very personable and fast.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2013

Cares about his patients. Doesn't act like he is there to rush through and get you out of there.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2013

I adore Dr Calhoun & his staff! I am always treated with the utmost respect and concern! I have never had an issue with anyone in his office, and encourage anyone seeking a PCP, to consider Dr. Calhoun.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

I thought overall, he was a wonderful doctor who was willing to sit and talk about what was actually wrong with you and really cared. Was very friendly and helpful. Staff overall was nice and had a smile on there face.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

He is a very good doctor. The staff is always so nice and helpful and understanding. I recommend him to anyone needing a good doctor.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

Dr. B. Keith Calhoun's Credentials

• LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE IN SHREVEPORT (Grad. 1998)

Secure Horizons