Ratings for Dr. Joseph V. Candela

Do you think people want to wait hour plus after there appointment Thai think we don't have jobs Real time to think we don't have jobs or a life come on

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Candela for over 10 years. I chose my insurance so I could see him but when I got a different insurance in the mail I notify them and they said they could no longer see me, so I called my insurance company and they sent me Amerigroup cards so I called the office back but they said that the doctor said no thanks that he no longer wanted me as a patient meanwhile I have kidney stones and a CT scan with no one to read it for me i'm very disappointed I didn't know doctors can choose their patients

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

I was greeted promptly, waited a few minutes in the lobby area and was called in. A very friendly nurse informed me about the process of a needed specimen. I was then directed to the exam room. I waited a few minutes for the doctor. He arrived and spent a great deal of time with me explaining my test results an future options. Dr Candela was very thorough and provided me helpful information.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

Every time i come in for an appt i have at least a 2 hr wait and that is before i get to the exam room. He may be knowledgeable and ok bedside manner but wait time is crazy...i have to take off work for this and it is not an elective treatment. A patient should be allow courtsey dollors credited to their account gor every 30 mins we have to wait.

Submitted December 30, 2013

Great Doctor,the staff however should all be replaced!Rude,uncaring,and unprofessional.I've had 3 appt this yr.Once the office canceled but didn't notify me until I showed up.The next appt I waited 1hour and 40 min to see him.The last visit I waited 50 min then informed The Desk I had to leave because of another appt.Today I received a letter from the Dr saying how sorry he was I decided not to see him anymore? I NEVER SAID THAT,what staff member told him that?? Staff is the worst I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with !

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Before my appointment someone from this office called and told me to arrive 15 minutes early to complete paperwork. I arrived 1/2 hour early and ultimately waited 1 1/2 hours. I left before seeing this MD. The staff was rude - I was told if I didn't sign an arbitration agreement the MD would not see me. Chinese food was delivered to the desk and delivery guy had to wait for payment. It was a bad experience.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2012

This place is very HEARTLESS. You wait for hours to see your doctor but you don't complain a bit.Buy when it's your turn and make one mistake to pay your bill they kick you out and complain about not paying but you pay them and it's recorded.ONE MISTAKE,JUSTS ONE MISTAKE THEY FORGET YOU AND GET LOST.VERY MEAN IT'S ALL MONEY THIS PLACE. NO SOUL AND HEART.THIS WOMAN IN THE BILLINGS IS ONE BAD CHARACTER.I HOPE THE DOCTORS IN THIS FACILITIES READ THIS COMMENNTS.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

I liked Dr. Candela however after a visit 4 months later I get a call saying I owe them $100 from copays well I paid them every time I have been there in cash but they dropped me and forbid me to come there any longer. If you ever been there you know the first thing they do is collect any money prior to seeing Doc. and even if that should happen on your way out you are guided through another office where they go over account yet again! Prior visits I also waited for almost 2 hrs but never said anything nor complained and further more the staff there "office" are very cold and rude when confronted with my side of story they wouldnt hear it. I am sad because he is a good Doctor surrounded by awful staff which will hurt him in the long run. So now I am committed to warn others of his staff and advice always keep records of payments because I paid cash I had no record funny thing is he probably has no idea what is going on in his office. Joe Briatta

flag | Submitted October 6, 2011

This doctor refused to see me because i would not sign a binding arbitration agreement giving up my constitutional rights! Never sign these as a condition of treatment.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2011

One of the best doctors that I have ever had. He is knowledgeable and personable. He took time with me during a very difficult period to explain the operation and its ramifications. He is very good at what he does. My operation went well and my recovery was relatively light. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009

Dr. Joseph V. Candela's Credentials

• Spanish

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)