Ratings for Dr. Gerald E. Rodts

Recent lumbar laminectomy and spinal fusion—perfect in every regard from doctor to staff to Emory MidTown.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

Waited 6 months with 2 herniated discs to have him perform lumbar laminectomy and fusion. Saved my life!! He is the best, I should know I have been to many before with no help!!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

After 21 plus years of dealing with profound and remarkable spinal stenosis I finally saw my most recent MRI. Even as a non-medical person I could easily see that I was a fall away from being paralyzed from the neck down. My neurologist, pain doc and primary all three did not hesitate to recommend Dr. Rodts. I submitted my MRI, all x-rays, and went to interview Dr. Rodts. Within minutes after meeting this astounding man I was ready for surgery. He has now done three very extensive surgeries on my spine. But for the first time in those 21 plus years I am pain free. Dr. Rodts is more than a doctor he is a true physician and is a rare breed.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

I wouldn't be here today without him..he has done 2 neck and 3 back surgeries on me. I wouldn't have anyone else work on me but Dr Rodts.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Run to Dr Rodts or crawl but get there if you need the best, most caring neurosurgeon. He's one of a kind.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

He is the best spinal surgeon in the Southeast. He was one of a few surgeons in the country that knew how to do Direct Pars Defect Repair Surgery and he has a great bedside manner. What more can you ask for in a surgeon? Highly recommended and I've seen surgeons from all over including Mayo Clinic twice.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Dr Rodts I should have written this long ago. You are a wonderful DR. I went to you in a crippiling pain Prior underwent injections which lasted several weeks and last time didn't help at all. I said I would never allow anyone to cut into my back, but you assured me i would be fine. I'm coming up on 2 years and have to say you were 100% correct. My life and golf game was back to normal in 12 weeks as you said. By the way my golf game still sucks (nothing you did LOL)

flag | Submitted April 3, 2012

More than once, during the process, including the day of the surgery, the staff got my surgery mixed up, and I had to call this to their attention. I was left with lots of nerve damage, which I still have. Dr. Rodts only seemed concerned with dealing with the surgery, and not with the after care. In fact I only saw him for about ten minutes, during an entire year after the surgery. The staff at the hospital was terrible. Xrays had to be done over numerous times, since the people didn't know how to take the xrays. I was most disappointed in the aftercare.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Rodts helped me through one of the most terrible and difficult points in my life. A surgeon from Piedmont Hospital inserted/placed the wrong size screws in my L5/S1 Lumbar Lam. for my size 6'4" 235lbs.......45 days later 2 fractured....i had to wait 15 months in order to have them removed because of fusion issues. I only wish i had known of Dr. Rodts beforehand....he is kind, sensitive, and gave me just the facts, not playing God. I have since grown to know his family and children. He was not able to remove all the broken parts...but gave me the ability to move forward and walk again. He kept telling me "You have to find a new, New" in order to move past this point in your life. I will always recommend him and pray for him. He is by far one of the most intelligent Doctors i have ever met, always studying and striving to move ahead in his profession.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2008

Dr.Rodts has excellent bed side manner. I have been his patient and also taken care of his patients. He is caring and smart. Even though getting appointment is difficult, it worth the wait. In my case, he accomdated me in unusual matter and I am very greatful. I had no complication and I was able to walk the day of the surgery(laminectomy).

flag | Submitted August 21, 2007

Dr. Gerald E. Rodts's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1987)