Ratings for Dr. Susan A. Orhan

always putting me on hold. waiting forever for appointments as they are never on time. I have a lot of concerns that I fell are not covered

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Excellent doctor. This is why the lines are so long.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

This office provides horrible service. Expect to wait 3-4 hours just for an ultrasound. The staff is unprofessional and they make your visits to the doctor a nightmare. Worst service provided by a doctors office.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Well educated and skilled with laparoscopic surgery. Mines went excellent.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

Great doctor , know What she is doing very well educated!!!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Knowledgeable but disorganized, not respectful of others time.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

Dr Orhan is the BEST and CARING Doctor / Woman I have ever met!!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

I met Dr. Orhan a week before I gave birth. I had just returned from serving overseas and she was the only Dr. that would take me, a medicaid patient, so late in the game. I had been up to date on all of my prenatal care overseas. At my first meeting with her, I really liked her. She was kind and loving and said that my baby would be beautiful! I tried to talk to her about some of my hopes for the birth and discuss my birth plan, and she quickly said, "Oh, I don't do birth plans." I explained that I was hoping to do a natural birth, and she said questioned why I would not want to do an epidural. A week later, I went into her office because I was having contractions. She said that I was indeed in labor, and laughed with some of her nurses in front of me saying, "This one doesn't want to have an epidural, ha ha ha!" I was sent to the hospital. I was only dilated an inch and a half. I wanted to ask if I could wait it out at home, but, I could not find her. I went to the hospital (which I think gives EXCELLENT care over all--Alexian Bros. Women's and Children's in Hoffman Estates.) About five hours later, the doctor came in and again, tried to pressure me to get an epidural and get on pitosin. She didn't really want to listen to me, and told her that I needed to listen to her. She almost broke my water without consent and the nurse stepped in and said, "just so you know, the doctor is going to break your water." I shrunk my legs back and was like, "wait, I don't want to do this." She "explained" to me why it was necessary--it was explained in a very forceful way, she didn't really respect any of my questions, and I was treated like I needed to shut-up and listen. She then was worried about meconium, and had the nurses keep an eye on me. I labored about 7 more hours. When she came in my room, she saw that I still had not dilated. She said, "OK, you are going to listen to me, you are going to go on pitosin, you are going to get an epidural and you are going to do it my way." My sister (a nurse practitioner) tried to ask a question about the timing of everything and if we could wait any longer. She looked at my sister and said, "excuse me, who are you?" --in a very unkind way...My sister proceeded to tell the Doc to stop rolling her eyes at us. Very tense moment. We asked if we could have some time to discuss this all, and she was annoyed and said we could but that when she came back we needed to do it her way. In the end, I went on the epidural, did the pitosin...As we were waiting, one of the nurses (who I also felt like was sucking up to her) would come in periodically and shoot up my dose of pitosin without telling me what she was doing...my doula asked why she was doing that and the nurse asked her, "are you medically trained, or 'just' a doula."--very rude to her. Didn't take kindly to any questions we asked. The nurse also came in and on 3 or 4 separate occasions said, "the doctor wants to go home, she is just waiting on you..."--which I said, "oh, I'll just hurry it up then!" The nurse also said," you know, you better listen to the doctor, you are on medicaid and you can't afford to have a sick baby." At another point she said that I was lucky to have this doctor. When the time came to push, it was a very joyful experience. She was good and kind and very affirming. I felt like she was capable and really knew what she was doing. Here is my overall assessment of this doctor--She is great if you do EXACTLY as she says, if you don't have too many questions and if you do everything HER WAY. (I actually think that in the end I did need an epidural and pitosin to move my stuff along...but my complaint isn't about what we came to, it is HOW everything was done.) I would say that if you have any of your own ideas about birth, or questions, or hopes...you should go to somebody else. I really felt bullied in a large part of my birth experience, and I think that I would have felt really differently about everything if I wouldn't have had the support of my husband, doula, sister, and mother. Soooo...she is good technically, poor bedside manner, and trouble interacting with patients that might have questions.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

Horrible experience. First visit, I waited two hours. Second visit, about 45 minutes. I was told to go leave a urine specimen in the bathroom and that the specimen cups were in there. I walked into the bathroom, and it looked like a truck stop. Filthy! No specimen cups to be found. So, I opened a little metal cabinet and found a few Dixie drinking cups and a black Sharpie marker. Seriously. I assumed (again...had been given no instructions!) that I was meant to write my name on the side of the cup (no lids, of course) and pee in it. So...I grabbed the nearest cup. It was filled with a previous patient's urine, which spilled all over the front of my dress and onto the floor. I cleaned up the best I could, and walked out. I will never go there again, under any circumstances.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2015

The staff is in no way friendly which is awful in itself but worst of they are very incompetent. Waited over 45 minutes and then when asking if I would be called back shortly - her response was did you sign in. Also made an appointment a week in advance arrived and the office had decided to be closed the day before. No notice or call was given. That is not only poor on the staff but the doctors themselves for not confirming all the patients had been contacted for rescheduling. Please if your insurance allows you go anywhere but this office. You want to see a friendly face when entering an office, especially when it comes to these matters, not rude and uncaring individuals who don't seem capable of there jobs. Doctors are good but not sure who does the hiring - embarrassing to have people like that at the front of your business. Please avoid at all means possible!!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014