Ratings for Dr. Michelle G. Anson

I am a current patient of Dr. Anson and have been for a number of years ( including the 2 prior groups she was affiliated with). I find Dr. Anson to be extremely diligent, smart, practical, empathetic and caring; an out of the box thinker who looks at every possible cause/reason/explanation, in a field saturated with physicians who give you 5 minutes before they check a box and exit the exam room after reaching a sometimes too quick and inaccurate diagnosis. She goes the extra mile to look at all possible explanations, causes and contradictions. I find her very willing to spend extra time during office visits with me if/when necessary. Dr. Anson is truly a rare find in a doctor. Educated, compassionate and diligent. Dr. Anson genuinely cares about each and every patient, as evidenced by her returned calls after hours and on weekends. Her staff is equally as helpful and caring.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

I have been a patient with Dr. Anson for 8+ years and have been to all of her offices. I used to rave about her practice but I can no longer do that. Way too many mistakes including some more serious ones that jeopardized my health. She is very nice and friendly and certainly has always tried to listen but sadly, her staff is dropping the ball constantly and I'm not sure if she realizes it all or not. A few things to mention: a) scheduling dr. appts incorrectly and then calling to confirm an appt for the wrong day and time and procedure; b) having a repeat test done because of increased levels of something that shouldn't be there and them telling me they will call me that day with the results...no phone call that day or for a whole week. I decided to call just to double check. I got put on hold for about 7 minutes with the lady coming back on saying oh the nurse will call you when she's back at her desk. So she leaves me a voice mail saying "we have called in an antibiotic for your infection at your pharmacy." So you mean to tell me for an entire week, you've known that I've had some infection and you never informed me about this! WTH! Poor neglience. That falls on both her staff and her. c) I made an appt to get botox done using the Groupon they started to run. No where does it say patients of hers can't use it. She is not the one performing the botox. In fact, when I scheduled the appt they knew I was a patient and have been for 8 years and they took my appt no problem. But when I show up for that other repeat test, they tell me that they don't want me to be blindsided but they can't accept my groupon because I'm an "existing patient" even though I've never had botox from her or her botox lady. In fact, Dr. Anson wasn't certified in the early years for botox. I've been a patient for 8 years and have referred a ton of friends to her where she secured their business as well. I tell the receptionist about my Groupon up front and yet now you say you won't honor it or me. Absolutely unprofessional! I own 2 business that are service industry. I see 50 people a day and service them with my professional expertise. You can't treat your faithful, reliable and long term clients like that! I am appalled and it saddens me to write this awful review but they have gone down hill big time! I am looking for a new doctor who won't sit on information that I have an infection that could turn into something more serious and very painful. That kind of behavior is called neglience and leads to lawsuits when someone gets hurt or injured as a result of them not doing their job. I trusted them to care for my needs.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

The office staff is totally incompetent. Like the doctor but her personal life is interfering with her practice. She has limited her hours so much that she now only sees patients three days a week. Last appt made staff scheduled in error one of her days off during the work week. I had blood work done week prior that was another botched office fiasco. Staff xx my appt two days before and could not reschedule until 2weeks later, after medications refills expired. Very annoying...and even though it was their mistake doctor would nt read lab work and call in px.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013

Had an appointment with Dr Anson, very nice, very professional. Was able to get me in the office, diagnos and get me back to work. Very pleased with my visit with Dr Anson.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2013

So many errors! My whole family saw Dr. Anson, She has made so many mistakes that I can't list them all here! She seemed nice at first but then she made some poor medical decisions. a few examples of this are... She has misdiagnosed me by misinterpreting my blood test results (not once but 3 times) and gave me medicine that made me pass out and break my front teeth out... This is just what she did in my case... I'm not including the issues w other family members!!!. She was always in a rush and when I tried to let her know about how her office manager double charged me, she left the room and had the office manager (whom habitually avoided my contacts) come to the room and continue to make excuses... the numerous errors and lack of competence actually have me contemplating taking legal actions!!! Steer clear of this lady!!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

My whole family goes to this doctor. She is amazing. She really takes time to understand what's going on. If there are any problems, she'll do whatever it takes to figure out how to deal with them. She is very caring, very helpful, and she explains things in the easiest way possible for her patients to understand. You should definitely consider seeing her and making her your doctor.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

Dr. Anson is the sweetest doctor I have ever had!!! She is so caring and wonderful!!! I would recommend her to anyone looking for a great family doctor...

flag | Submitted January 15, 2008

Dr. Anson is understanding and caring, listens to her patients never rushes to get rid of you. We need more doctors like her

flag | Submitted December 19, 2007

Very nice to deal with. does anyone know her new address? she has changed offices..

flag | Submitted November 25, 2007

Dr. Anson is wonderful. She takes her time and she cares about her patients.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2007

Dr. Michelle G. Anson's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 2001)

Commercial Insurance Company