Ratings for Dr. Michele D. Nacouzi

I have been a longtime patient of Dr. Nacouzi's. I followed her from two prior practices. The first time finding her was a stroke of luck (thank You, Hermes!); her husband bought a piece of jewelry from me and I noticed the unique surname on his credit card. Dr. Nacouzi is kind, compassionate, and highly intelligent. She helped me find the strength and courage to stand up for myself and to honor and respect what my body tells me, regardless of what a test or "specialist" says (or doesn't say). Now, if anyone disrespects me or refuses to listen to my concerns, I have no problem with dropping them and finding someone who will listen to me and respect my concerns. If I have to go through 10 "specialists" to find one good one that I have a good rapport with, so be it. I have a few disorders that she helped me keep under control for over 10 years. Everything got out of control when she left the practice she was in at the time. I didn't follow her at the time because the clinic was just down the street from my employer. Well, fast forward a few years and I ended up in a coma while under the care of my then GP! When I regained consciousness, the first thing I did was make Dr. Nacouzi my GP again. When she saw me for my first medical visit after the coma, she was shocked to see I had gone into renal failure along with everything else that happened to me. She knew exactly what each medication I had been prescribed was for and had some good questions and feedback about many of them. She has an extensive knowledge of so many ailments and their treatments. She had me recount what had become my very unhealthy lifestyle since I had stopped seeing her. She helped me see exactly where I had deviated from the healthy habits she had helped me create. Those habits had kept me off of medication for for my entire adult life while she was my GP. In hindsight, I know she wouldn't have let me degenerate to the point I had, at least not without telling me exactly what I was doing to myself and the consequences. There is no putting your head in the sand with her! She is that perfect combination of kindness and strength that makes a superb doctor.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Nacouzi for about 13 years now. I saw her at her prior practice and followed her to Duke Primary Care Briar Creek. She is a wonderful doctor who truly cares about her patients and is dedicated to helping them with any medical issues. My family has also seen her for many years and I have recommended her to many friends. She has supported me through many serious medical issues and helped me get my conditions under control. She listens to what you have to say and makes you feel very comfortable. I have never had a better primary care doctor.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

I am a new patient of Dr. Nacouzi's (March 2012). Dr. Nacouzi has been a blessing to me. She is very attentive, and above all else in my priorities, does not dismiss my concerns. I dealt with another office in the same health system for 3-4 years and I've felt more attended to and monitored in two visits with Dr. Nacouzi than I ever felt there. She has been phenomenal in caring for me, and I'll never be able to express my gratitude to her for her help.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

She is wonderful and I trust her judgement on my care. The office staff are very helpful when I need something.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2011

Dr. Michele Nacouzi has always been ready to disrupt her schedule to see me in case of urgent problem. Always been competent, caring and professional. It is clear her motivation is helping people, not making money.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2010

Dr. Michele was recommended to me by a nurse. I've found that NURSES do know best!! Dr. Michele is awesome. She cares. She takes the time to talk, and she is VERY thorough. I have only praise for her and her skills. Her staff, too, is caring. I would highly recommend her to others, and I have, in fact, done this. Ann in Raleigh

flag | Submitted January 22, 2010

The doctor is very nice and caring. It is difficult to get in contact with her and the nurses by phone due to the urgent care. It is also harder than ever to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2010

My experiences with Dr. Michele have always been excellent, and I have been a patient of hers for over 15 years. She takes the time to listen and probe whatever complaints I have, and shows the utmost concern for me as a patient.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2009

Dr. Nacouzi if fantastic - a real doctor! She is caring and helpful! She has been a true lifesaver for me!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

Dr. Nacouzi is a very knowledgeable and caring. She will take the time to hear about your problem and then make sure you understand what you need to do get get better. My family has been seeing Dr. Michele for about 12 years. I hope we never lose her as our family physican.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2008

Dr. Michele D. Nacouzi's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1995)