Ratings for Dr. Donna McLachlan

I took my new born to her and she spent the whole time shaming me for struggling with breastfeeding and bad mouthed my o.b. She also made a very inappropriate "joke" while feeling my babies privates. She said "you will like this when you get older". I left in tears and will never return. She didn't listen to a single thing I said and is a horrible doctor. So if you want to feel like a horrible parent and that you are doing nothing right go she her.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2017

She is in a hurry to finish with the appointment. Prefers to attend children than adults. It takes time to attend me every time I go, in spite I always 10 minutes before. She doesn't give to much information or what to do with illness or prescriptions. It took her more than 10 years to send me to the diabetic workshops

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

I've never waited so long in any medical office as long as I wait to see Donna. But I like her straight forward demeanour and attitude.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Dr McLachlan is a nice person, but as a doctor I'm not sure how good she is. After being recommended by a friend, my wife booked an appointment. Well it didn't take long to realize that Dr McLachlan is only interested in delivering babies. I could go on and on about the poor advise and missed diagnosis she has offered, not only for us, but several other people we know who have used her services. The office staff are very rude, and don't expect the service to get better after that. We showed up for a scheduled appointment one day, only to be told the doctor had gone home 2hrs prior - thanks for the notice!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

Dr. McLachlan has a pleasant personality, and seems to be a well-liked doctor for maternity patients. I have not had good experiences with her at all. Although I have a chronic disease that requires regular visits, she often forgets why I'm there, doesn't bother checking the file, orders tests that have already been done, or forgets to tell me what the test results are. She is absent a lot and seems very focused on billing. She rushes in, doesn't really take the time to hear what I'm saying before making a judgement and writing a script. Unfortunately I can't find a different doctor, so I go to her for the basic medical things like infections, etc. and rely soley on my specialist for all other care. If you have any significant or complex health issues, she is not the right doctor for you. If you just need someone to weigh your baby or give them a shot, she's fine.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

Dr. Mc has been really helpful. She did all my pre-natal appointments and now my son's newborn check-ups. Though she wasn't the doctor deliver my baby, but she followed up my case and called me after my delivery while I was still at the hospital. I like her straightforwardness. She was a army doc; my partner is ex-army. We trust her with our health.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2012

Yes, a little rushed and little abrupt. I was scared of her when I first started, but now appreciate her direct, no-nonsense approach. She has given my son and I wonderful care, especially when I struggled with a newborn. However, my husband is still scared of her.Younger desk staff much friendlier, plus as they have gotten to know me, they have become much kinder.Love her focus on family medicine.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

I was a patient until I moved out of the area. Donna was always friendly, though with a busy practice, gave the impression of being rushed, even inpatient. Could have been a little more sensitive at times and a little more open to discussing patient issues.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

Wonderful, caring doctor. To the point when things are routine but goes the extra mile when necessary.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2010

I am 56 with a medical condition that requires a caring and knowledgeable doctor. Dr. McLachlan is the best GP that I have ever had? She treats me with respect and support. Without her I would have been suffering greatly from my condition. I owe her a great deal for the help she has given me.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2010