Ratings for Dr. Darrell S. Rigel

Heard that Dr. Rigel was a World's expert in Skin Cancer and went to him because I was worried about a spot on my skin and had a lot of sun. Had one of the most careful exams ever! And, it turned out that the spot was fine. He also answered all of my questions and took more time with me than I ever expected. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

Dr. Rigel was amazing. I came in for a simple skin rash. He did a complete skin exam and found a melanoma on my back that I did not know that I had. He saved my life! He also was great with my family. I recommned him highly.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2012

Dr. Rigel is the best most caring doctor that I have ever seen. He saved my life by finding a cancer on my back that I did not know that I had. He took all the time I asked with him and even called me the next day to ask how I was doing. Wow, in this day and age to see a doc that does that is amazing. He is the BEST!!!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

I saw Dr. Rigel once, and he seemed adequate as a physician, so I made a subsequent appointment for my yearly check-up. When I arrived, I checked in at the reception desk. I was immediately asked for payment! I said I hadn't yet seen the doctor yet, and I would pay after I had been examined. The receptionist told me I had to pay in advance, by office policy. I said it was my policy to pay for things after I had received them. The conversation became somewhat unpleasant, and Dr. Rigel came out. He simply stared at me. The receptionist reiterated that he would not examine me unless I paid first, so I left.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2009

He may be a well known doctor, but he should keep in mind he is a diamond dozens in nyc. patients have alot other dermatologist to choose from. He is rude, he does not care about being more or less on time. Several times I've noticed that in the middle of his busy schedule he accomadates the media like channel 5 news and whole the crew to come to his office for an interview. He delays all the patients on the schedule. Also, if you come in for Moh's surgery or excisions is mandatory to come back to get the suture remove and the office still charges you for the visit. I checked with my insurance as well as with other insurance: if it's only suture removal and the patient does not discuss about any other skin conditions then you should not have to pay for the visit it should be a no charge. He is just money hungry. I stopped going to his office.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2008

Rude, rude, rude! He insisted that I have a mole removed immediately although I made it clear the the timing was awful for me. He would not hear of scheduling a date the following week for the removal. He stormed out of the examining room and refused to talk to me. He may be a well-respected dermatologist but his bedside manner is completely lacking. I never went back after that appoinment and I'm glad.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

Dr. Darrell S. Rigel's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal