Ratings for Dr. Alan L. Berkowitz

DR.BERKOWITZ diagnosis and plan of care for me switched one hundred and eighty degrees when he discovered I did not have the health insurance he first thought I had. Hewhen he thought I was covered by health insurance he labeled me gravely disabled two days later when he discovered I did not have insurance I was out the door of the hospital within hours so much for being gravely disabled. I was gravely disabled from paying him the money he wanted.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

Dr. Berkowitz is a knowledgeable psychiatrist. He is also very thorough and answered all of my questions and concerns. I believe I was properly diagnosed, treated appropriately and with compassion. He has always been very personable. Also, genuinely concerned about my well-being and progress. Being treated by this doctor has changed my life for the better. I currently drive 100+ miles to be treated by Dr. Berkotwitz. It is not easy to find a good psychiatrist, I have managed to find an excellent one!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2012

My condition worsened considerably after each encounter with Dr. Berkowitz. He shouted at me througout our "chats". He appeared not to restrict his comments and criticisms of me to matters of which he had any first-hand knowledge or certainty.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2011

I believe that Dr. Berkowitz misdiagnosed my problem, and I learned only in the end that some of the recorded symptoms were misrepresenting what I was complaining about. In fact, some were taken out of context of our conversations. When I addressed that, he refused to consider to change anything or to hear my reasons.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

he AND DR. BOGART ARE THE SAME. acted very nice at first, but then when I needed serious medical attention. He told me I should look for another doctor; just when I needed him most. Only likes it when it's easy money for him. will not go above and beyond anything

flag | Submitted March 27, 2006

He talked about his hobbies and himself more than he listened to me.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2005

Dr. Alan L. Berkowitz's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1984)