Ratings for Dr. Layne K. Kamalu

Dr. Kamalu has been treating me for several years now and I really have come along way since my treatment with him. He never gives up on me and I know he sincerely wants me to get better. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

I have been a patient for several years. There was a situation with the billing dept on a couple of occasions. The last time I became frustrated. Staff was condescending by saying "now we've been through this before". Her lack of helping to better understand the situation and tone of voice was uncalled for. I was not abusive, I did sound frustrated with the situation. Dr Kamalu prescribes antidepressants for me. Due to my feeling frustrated with billing department I was informed that I "have been dropped from services". I'm in need of refills and my Dr. Drops me due to feeling frustrated with billing. Dr Kamalu never once contacted me to ask me what was going on, if I'm doing ok. It has been roughly 7 years he has treated me with no frustrations or problems with me. I'm extremely disappointed in how the lack of patient care and concern was completely disregarded. I am filing a complaint with dopl. His actions are not responsible and demonstrate the value of his ct's.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

I have seen Dr. Kamalu for a couple of years now. Each time I feel like he is really listening and paying attention to what I have to say or to what is going on with me. It has been a breath of fresh air to go to a doctors office where I feel like I am treated well from the second I step in the door to the second I leave.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2011

Dr. Kamalu spent more time with me than any other physician I have ever seen. He seemed genuinely interested in me.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

I had a problem with my ear. The "DR" told me to pour rubbing alcohol in it. I went to the insta-care they took a culture! and gave me 2 antibiotics I guess rubbing alcohol isnt a real good idea for a ruptured ear drum with a serious infection. A very rude man.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010

I visited this Dr. 5 times in 2 months. He Misdiagnosed a flesh eating staph infection as adult acne. The last visit I had golf ball sized cysts with bloody holes I looked like a monster! and felt even worse! He said Hmmm... Do I know you? I went to another doctor the next day they took 50 photos and a culture they told me I should have been in the hospital! Thank God they treated my condition like professionals! Kamalu is quick to look on his computer and write a script for something he has not got a clue about... He is arrogant and rude. A lab rat no more... I would RUN AWAY from this "DOCTOR"!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

This guy is rude and cocky. He thinks he is God's gift to women. I went in for headaches and he told me I needed to lose weight (I don't have any too spare--everyone else tells me I'm too thin) and that I wasn't exercising enough. He told me the vitamins from Wal-Mart weren't good enough and that the wheat bread I was eating wasn't "expensive enough to be any good." First and last visit with "Hawaii-Five-O"

flag | Submitted October 20, 2009

Misdiagnosed my cancer 4 times even when I had huge lumps in my neck as big as golf balls! Just one week after misdiagnosed was finally diagnosed by a more knowledgable doctor.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2008

Kamalu is Great! I recommend him to everyone!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2007

nice guy, down to earth, knowledgeable, takes time

flag | Submitted August 20, 2007

Dr. Layne K. Kamalu's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Kaysville, UT