Ratings for Dr. Robert M. Moldwin

Dr. Moldwin is the BEST! If you have IC and chronic pelvic pain, there is no one else to see. After being misdiagnosed for 6 years by 8 different urologists and gynecologists, going through procedure after procedure, I finally found Dr. Moldwin who figured it all out. Do I have to wait? Yes. Does he take his time, explain things to me, draw diagrams, write instructions out? Yes. Do I mind waiting if he doesn't rush? No. I have seen his Nurse Practitioner, Marina, many times as well. She has more knowledge about IC and chronic pelvic pain than all of the other MD's I've seen in the past put TOGETHER! She is smart, caring, compassionate. Yes, it is hard to deal with the receptionists, but HE doesn't control that, the HOSPITAL SYSTEM does. If you have complaints about scheduling, write a letter to the hospital system. I've moved 3 times since I first started seeing Dr. Moldwin and Marina. I've traveled across 2 states, flown 3 hours and waited in NYC traffic to get to their office. You will never find a more knowledgable, caring doctor who doesn't give up on you and isn't afraid to think out of the box and try things to get you better.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I have been suffering with I.S. for so long and searching for help. I became very depressed feeling that there was no help. I found Dr Moldwin and I would strongly advise anyone with health problems as mind to be seen by this Dr. He was simply amazing. He really cares and is the best Dr. I have ever seen. He have me hope. I cannot say enough good about him. I traveled hundreds of miles to be seen by this incredible Dr. it was worth it. He is an amazing down to earth Doctor. He gave me hope and faith that there are Drs who really care in this world. His staff were all so kind and organized. I did have to wait to get in....but it was worth it.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

My experience with this office was nothing short of horrendous. I saw Dr. Moldwin online in my search for a specialist that treats interstitial cystitis. I was in extreme pain when I called to make an appointment and the secretary had to give me an appointment months in advance, regardless of my pain. I waited the months for my appointment. The office confirmed my appointment the day before and then on the day of the appointmnet, the very next day, the office called to tell me that they scheduled another new patient in the same spot and that I would be seeing the nurse practitioner today. What!? They gave some other person the spot that I was given months ago? They called the day before to confirm my appointment and then called the next day to tell me that they gave my spot to some other new patient?! What?! What kind of practice does Dr. Moldwin run? I took the day off today and I don't get paid if I don't work. They asked if I wanted to reschedule my appointment - ummm, no thank you!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

In spite of being in pain I had to wait almost 2 months for an appointment. At the appt I waited at least an hour before being placed in an exam room . Dr. Moldwin's intern, (or assistant), then conducted a brief exam. After which he came in. No compassion at all. He briefly spoke to me, and recommended that i schedule a cystoscopy. When I did i was told I would have to wait another 2 months!!! Dr. Moldwin is apparently way to busy to care at all about the pain and suffering of his patients. Would not recommend!!!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2014

It takes three months to see Dr Moldwin each time I see him, despite being in chronic pain. I am sent to his nurse, who seems unaware of the procedures scheduled by the front desk at all times. This is not a place to get consistent care and reliable scheduling. It doesn't matter how high the doctors ratings are.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

It took months to get an appointment. First appointment was with nurse practitioner who made diagnosis because doctor was unavailable! She sent me home with a pile of print-outs and told me I must buy a book to read! She told me I need to learn to be a good patient. All treatment plans were pointless. Next appointment was canceled by office. Finally had appointment with doctor and he was 2 1/2 hours late and came into exam room chewing gum! He was totally insensitive, callous and treated a non-related issue with unnecessary injections. He was cold and I was extremely uncomfortable. The office is poorly run, like a factory/business not a doctor's practice. There is no privacy for the patient in reception/waiting area. I tried to get copies of my medical records to give to my new doctor and was given a hard time before the records were finally sent. Just because this doctor is well known does not make him a perfect fit for everyone.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

I was out of network so with labs & testing my bill was $1000. He spent over an hour with me, he was doctor #8 in my search for help with chronic pelvic pain. We ruled some things out, but I'm still searching. Not his fault I'm from out of state. So follow ups are impossible

flag | Submitted April 3, 2010

Dr Moldwin is the best. I was diagnosed with IC back in 1/08 and Dr Moldwin undiagnosed me and put me on a strict treatment plan. I feel 99%better. This man is amazing and I will always be greatful to him for basically saving my life by taking the horrific pain away from me. He is amazing!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2010

I liked him. He's smart and compassionate. I do feel he is trying to talk me out of IC as a diagnosis, and I really need help with pain which is chronic, the kind of pain that makes you panic. I will know more on my next appt. hopefully he is willing to treat whatever this is agressively, it has been a year of burning and suffering.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2008

I think he is very odd. He told me I did not have IC and insisted on treating me for anything but IC. Finally after 2 years I went to another dr. And had a hydrodistension, boy did I have IC. Shame on you.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2008

Dr. Robert M. Moldwin's Credentials

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

• BCBS Florida